re: intro

  • poziovahim2001@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 6 10:00 PM
      Hi Kent,
      I really appreciate the feedback. I don't know why,but I never
      really thought this one out! Duh! All that weight so high and all.
      I got the GT-One today and the plates and rings will be here
      tomorrow. I need the 177s' cause the 155s' would only give me 1/8"
      all the way around the CR tube. I had the CR102 mounted on top
      before and it was almost weightless compared to the 6", but I gave
      that scope and mount to my son. It is in good hands now! I'll
      probably end up getting the cross mount.
      Here's how I stand now. The Meade 10" has the DM10 Losm. dove
      tail plate bolted to the top for when I had the CR102 on top. I
      ordered a second DM10 which I would have mounted to the bottom to go
      onto the G-11 saddle plate which is also coming in tomorrow and the
      177s'.
      If I order the Cross plate, do I need the G-11 saddle plate
      too?
      Thanks for the help!
      Bueno, Dan
    • Kent Gittings
      Message 44 of 44 , Mar 8 6:17 AM
        Correct. For instance the custom ring assembly that Ken Dauzat is doing for
        me includes 3 rings spaced 5" apart. That puts 2 rings in single
        counter-bored holes and one in the slot. And the top strap of 1/2"x2"
        aluminum spans the entire 13" of the DUP with extra holes as I may want to
        mount the 4" Vixen piggyback instead of using the DSPS (if it ever comes
        in).
        Kent Gittings