GT-ONE (user group)

  • poziovahim2001@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6 9:08 PM
      Hey Bob,
      Where in Wi, do you live? I was born and raised in Milw, eh?
      Come join the new list simply called GT-ONE! There are now seven of
      us.
      I read all the poop on the mount at WO group and my GT-1 just
      arrived today! The mounting plates will be here tomorrow. What a
      deal eh? Serial # 528.
      I too had the LX 50. I sold the Fork,Mag II, JMI alighnment
      scope and dec fix to a guy in France for $600 + shipping which was
      $250, ouch. I sold the super wedge with homemade (Chris Vedeler)
      stabilizer to a guy on the East side of Milw. for $325.
      I kept the tripod, which actually is super sturdy (no twist),
      but I think I'll modify the leg attachment bolts as per Toby's
      website mods. I'm going to have a machine shop make the center hole
      bigger so I can mount the WO on it. I really need the height!
      William is going to develope a lift kit of around 12" too. Then I'll
      most likely go back to his tripod cause the leg base is much tighter.
      Do you still have the Meade OTA? I've got the 10" and I also
      have a CR150HD. For imaging I have the STV but sometime down the
      road I'll get a dedicated CCD camera. I don't have any experience in
      CCD as yet, but that's about to change.
      If you're ever down New Mexico way we'll have to set up and slam
      a few pails of peva eh?
      Bueno, Dan