Erfle Shmerfle!

  • Hal Jandorf
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2005
      <<my favorites are an old 32mm Edmund Scientific Erfle>>

      Hey Dave V,

      Where did you get the old Edmund Scientific 32mm Erfle? I use the same! I
      stole it from the college (Temporary loan, yeah right). Nice wide field on
      the Pleiades and Double Cluster in the Zenithstar 80. I ordered a Meade QX
      25mm 2" eyepiece. I hope it's lighter than the Edmund Erfle...that is built
      like a tank!
      --Hal
    • Dave Vosgien
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Hal Jandorf"
        <stargazer80@v...> wrote:

        > <<my favorites are an old 32mm Edmund Scientific Erfle>>
        >
        > Hey Dave V,
        >
        > Where did you get the old Edmund Scientific 32mm Erfle? I use the
        same! I
        > stole it from the college (Temporary loan, yeah right). Nice wide
        field on
        > the Pleiades and Double Cluster in the Zenithstar 80. I ordered a
        Meade QX
        > 25mm 2" eyepiece. I hope it's lighter than the Edmund Erfle...that
        is built
        > like a tank!
        > --Hal

      • Dave Vosgien
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
          -Hal....I picked it up on Astromart for about $90 about 2 years
          ago. It is the 2" flavor and I require a second 2" extension to
          reach focus using the WO 80 ED. I can also pull the lens out about
          1/4 inch for quickie looks. I hardly ever use my red dot finder (
          rifle type) since the views are so wide. It isn't sharp to the
          edges but still gives some wonderful views...Dave V