Re: WO 2.5x 2" Barlow Performance

  • joan_feixas
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hi Dave,

      I have the WO barlow and the Megrez 80 ED as well. Actually as your
      setup. When I use the barlow with either WO SWAN 9mm or UO 5mm
      eyepieces, I see what you described: sharp outside focus but fuzzy
      and kind of flaring rings inside focus. I was not very happy to see
      this but I am not an expert on optics and couldn't actually judge
      what this was. Does this mean that the WO barlow underperform? I
      don't really know. I could not tested it well with either jupiter or
      mars. Let's see if this weekend I can double check this...and
      hopefully take some pictures of the upcoming annular eclipse in
      Spain!

      Regards,

      Joan

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Vosgien"