DayStar for FLT110

  • marco
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2005
      hallo

      ich kann leider kein english schreiben....

      verkaufe einen 1jahr alten DayStar(T-Scanner)mit 0,6Â, mit dabei ist
      ein 4x telezentrisches-system und ein 100mm ERF von baader. die
      kombination ist für den FLT110 ausgelegt.

      ich verkaufe alles für 2850.- euro exkl.porto

      bei interesse bitte mail an mich. beantworte jede mail, so gut ich kann.

      grüsse marco.
    • Richard Ozer
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2005
        Just got the red dot finder for the ZS80.

        It is, in fact, the mother of all red dot finders. Nice job guys!

        RO
      • Michael Portuesi
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2005
          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Richard Ozer <rozer@p...>
          wrote:
          > Just got the red dot finder for the ZS80.
          >
          > It is, in fact, the mother of all red dot finders. Nice job guys!

          Mine arrived yesterday too, and it is solidly built. All-metal
          construction. It has seven brightness settings, though you'll
          never need anything brigher than 2. It also has several patterns -
          point, cross, circle with tick marks (looks like the symbol for
          planetary nebula on star maps) and bullseye.

          There's a small mounting block that screws onto the OTA and seems
          intended to be left there. The finder attaches to the mounting
          block with a finger screw. You use a (supplied) hex key to attach
          the mounting block and adjust the aim. There's a rubber dustcap
          for the finderscope window. And you get a free cleaning cloth.

          But it seems to have arrived just in time for a cloudy weekend...

          Michael Portuesi
        • Barre Spencer
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
            What is the name of your red dot finder? What was the cost and
            where did you get it.

            Thanks
            Barre

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Richard Ozer <rozer@p...> wrote:
            > Just got the red dot finder for the ZS80.
            >
            > It is, in fact, the mother of all red dot finders. Nice job guys!
            >
            > RO
          • Richard Ozer
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
              Regarding the new red-dot finder and the ZS80.

              My only issue is with the mounting bracket for the finder. When attached to the ZS80,
              the bracket extends past the focuser; essentially overlapping the gap between the
              focuser and the rest of the tube assembly. My concern, shared by at least one other
              ZS80 owner, is that the finder mounting bracket is poised to scratch the tube should I
              choose to rotate the focuser.

              Is this a design error?
              Is there enough of a clearance between the between the bracket and the tube (I see no
              clearance)?

              In the meantime, I shoved a piece of nylon under the bracket to lift it slightly off the
              tube... it's a not an ideal solution.

              It's a great finder; but I'd like to see a better solution for the mounting bracket.

              Richard Ozer

              Michael Portuesi wrote:
              > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Richard Ozer <rozer@p...>
              > wrote:
              >
              >>Just got the red dot finder for the ZS80.
              >>
              >>It is, in fact, the mother of all red dot finders. Nice job guys!
              >>

              > Mine arrived yesterday too, and it is solidly built. All-metal
              > construction. It has seven brightness settings, though you'll
              > never need anything brigher than 2. It also has several patterns -
              > point, cross, circle with tick marks (looks like the symbol for
              > planetary nebula on star maps) and bullseye.
              >
              > There's a small mounting block that screws onto the OTA and seems
              > intended to be left there. The finder attaches to the mounting
              > block with a finger screw. You use a (supplied) hex key to attach
              > the mounting block and adjust the aim. There's a rubber dustcap
              > for the finderscope window. And you get a free cleaning cloth.
              >
              > But it seems to have arrived just in time for a cloudy weekend...
              >
              > Michael Portuesi
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Richard Ozer
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
                It's the William Optics Red Dot finder. I got it from William Optics ;-)

                RO

                Barre Spencer wrote:
                > Hi,
                > What is the name of your red dot finder? What was the cost and
                > where did you get it.
                >
                > Thanks
                > Barre
                >

                > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Richard Ozer <rozer@p...> wrote:
                >
                >>Just got the red dot finder for the ZS80.
                >>
                >>It is, in fact, the mother of all red dot finders. Nice job guys!
                >>
                >>RO
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • williamoptics2004
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 5, 2005
                  Dear Barre

                  The name is call "RDF" the unit price is US $69,
                  the WO made base bracket & "T" adapter and M5 screw together is $20
                  (RDF and bracket all together is $89), they will arrive in USA
                  shortly. you can purchase from any WO dealers in your area or contact
                  David@... for detail.
                  the base wil fit many scopes in the market,that includes All WO scope
                  and other SCT (by using differnt base screw from M4-M6)

                  William

                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Barre Spencer"
                  <scoping10@y...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  > What is the name of your red dot finder? What was the cost and
                  > where did you get it.
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > Barre
                  >

                  > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Richard Ozer <rozer@p...>
                  wrote:
                  > > Just got the red dot finder for the ZS80.
                  > >
                  > > It is, in fact, the mother of all red dot finders. Nice job guys!
                  > >
                  > > RO
                • Marc Paradis
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 31, 2005

                    I am a new owner of a used Fluorostar 100mm APO/triplet scope (Pearl
                    finish tube with 4" focuser). I would like to order this new RDF. Do
                    I need to order a special base?

                    To avoid any confusion about the mounting base, here is a picture:
                    http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=368592

                    I am not familiar with the naming convention of the bases.

                    Thanks,

                    Marc Paradis

                    --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"