Re: M8/M20 from Seattle with WO 80mm Fluorite and Canon 10d

  • kurt_friedrich
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2005
      I am very happy with it. I used to have a decent Vixen mount, which
      tracked pretty well, and was lighter than this GM-8. I also had a
      celestron CG, with the goto, and I loved the goto and set up, but I
      was not happy with the quailty of construction, nor with their
      support. Tthe GM-8 is an amazingly well built, sturdy mount. I
      don't think it has a great reputation for long unguided shots,
      although apparently they are getting better each year, and mine is
      new. I often get 4 minute shots unguided, but I am using a wide
      field scope ( 385mm), which is forgiving. The DSC are working great
      too. I think anything better costs quite a bit more. (I have a Tak
      EM-200, which is fantastic, but costs ~3x as much!)

      Kurt

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "night_astronomer"

      http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kurtfriedrich/images/SwanNebulaAug0405-