First post / new member

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2005
      Hi all.

      I am not sure how I was selected for an invitation to join but ..
      Thank you.

      I live in the UK and wear several caps: Writer, photographer and No2
      at a photo/optics/astro dealer. I began astronomy proper about a year
      ago and currently use StarryNight software, 7x50 bins and a Meade
      ETX105 - in that order (it rains a lot here!). I am currently
      awaiting the arrival of my next scope, a 10" f5 Dobsonian.

      Though I have not yet seen or handled any William Optics equipment, I
      am aware of their reputation for quality and customer service.

      Regards, Steve.
    • Charlie Hein
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2005
        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <stevenet04@y...> wrote:
        > Hi all.
        >
        > I am not sure how I was selected for an invitation to join but ..
        > Thank you.

        I wonder about that as well (hopefully someone will chime in with some
        info as to how these invites are made), but regardless, just like you,
        I'm happy to be here.

        > I live in the UK and wear several caps: Writer, photographer and No2
        > at a photo/optics/astro dealer.

        I suspect that this may have a little to do with your invite!

        > I began astronomy proper about a year ago and currently use
        > StarryNight software, 7x50 bins and a Meade ETX105 - in that order
        > (it rains a lot here!). I am currently awaiting the arrival of my
        > next scope, a 10" f5 Dobsonian.

        For me, I knew from the start that I wanted to try my hand at
        astrophotography, and so I chose an Orion Atlas 8EQ (an 8" newt on a
        brutally sturdy but relatively inexpensive GEM) as my first scope. I
        started imaging with a camcorder that already owned, and then added a
        SAC 7b CCD camera, an Orion 80mmED refractor, and a Canon EOS300D to
        the mix over the past two or three years as I could afford it.

        > Though I have not yet seen or handled any William Optics equipment,
        > I > am aware of their reputation for quality and customer service.
        >
        > Regards, Steve.

        I've always liked the build quality of WO gear and the reasonable
        prices I've paid for the accessories I have thus far are icing on the
        cake so to speak!

        Charlie