The long wait is almost over!!!!!!

  • yenzowdrawde
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hi All,
      Just thought I'd post a note to let everyone know that the wait
      for the W.O. f/0.8 FF/FR optimized for the Fluorite Megrez 80 is
      nearly over. I've been advised, by sources at W.O., that it's
      scheduled to arrived in the US by mid-July.

      I've been waiting since last fall. I'm sure I'll bruise myself a
      few times .....pinching myself to check if I'm dreaming.

      forever clear skies & great seeing!

      Cheers, Ed
    • williamoptics2004
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1 7:08 AM
        Dear Friend,

        The X0.8 FF/FR optimized for the Fluorite Megrez 80 F/6,
        M80ll F6.5 ,ZS80 F/6 and M80 F/7 ED triplet has been shiped.

        The Megrez 80ED F/7 will start shipping next week (by list)
        Thank you for your patience. Thank you.

        Regards,

        William Yang
        William Optics
      • Dimitri I. Rakitine

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 5 2:15 PM
            See message 4506

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitri I. Rakitine"
            <dimitrir@p...> wrote:
            > Any news on the long wait for the 80ED f/7 ?

            ----------
          • williamoptics2004
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 5 5:19 PM
              Dear Friend,

              Enjoyed the July 4th? I certainly did !

              GOOD NEWS FOR WO APO MEMBERS!!
              -------------------------------

              The Megrez 80 F/7 ED is start shipping to USA by Air and boat this
              week.all waiting list in USA will be over shortly.

              Thank you for you long waiting.

              About 105 triplet F/7 APO
              --------------------------

              The 105 F/7 is changing to a higher design with larger 2.5" focuser
              now, the price will remain the same for the people pre-order from
              david@... before August 2005.we need more time for such
              big improvement compare to previous samples.(PLEASE don't ask me how it
              looks now,all I can tell you is 100% worth to wait for such high
              quality with super affordable price.
              we will post the 105 picture soon.

              Thank you again.

              Best Regards,

              William Yang
              William Optics
            • David Yang
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 6 12:14 AM
                Hi Megrez ED fans,

                USA branch will receive partial shipment around mid July to end of July and
                start to deliver them from mid to end of July and with more quantity
                arriving through-out the year.

                Once we receive the Megrez 80 II ED than we will begin to contact all the
                eager customer that has been waiting for a while and also start to fulfill
                all the quantities back order for our dealers.

                William Optics USA

                We now sell online !
                Webpage:
                www.william-optics.com
                www.optics.com.tw

                Email: support@...

                William Optics thank you for your support and feedback.

                >From: "Dimitri I. Rakitine" <dimitrir@...>
                >To: <William-Optics@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: Re: [William-Optics] The long wait is almost over!!!!!!
                >Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:22:31 -0400
                >
                >Any news on the long wait for the 80ED f/7 ?

              • David Yang
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 6 12:18 AM
                  Hi folks,

                  Please remember to contact us in 2 weeks, we are expecting the new FF/FR 0.8
                  reducer to arrive around mid July and ready for sell on 3rd week of July
                  after our installation and final assembly finish in the USA facility.

                  William Optics USA
                  714-209-0388

                  We now sell online !
                  Webpage:
                  www.william-optics.com
                  www.optics.com.tw

                  Email: support@...

                  William Optics thank you for your support and feedback.

                  >From: "yenzowdrawde" <starcat@...>
                  >To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [William-Optics] Re: The long wait is almost over!!!!!!
                  >Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:15:43 -0000
                  >
                  >See message 4506
                  >

                  >--- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitri I. Rakitine"
                  ><dimitrir@p...> wrote:
                  > > Any news on the long wait for the 80ED f/7 ?

                • langejcarl
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 2, 2005
                    --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
                    <william@w...> wrote:

                    > GOOD NEWS FOR WO APO MEMBERS!!
                    > -------------------------------
                    >
                    > The Megrez 80 F/7 ED is start shipping to USA by Air and boat this
                    > week.all waiting list in USA will be over shortly.
                    >
                    > Thank you for you long waiting.

                    Anacortes says that they have not gotten any yet. Did they really get
                    shipped into the US yet? What is the status?

                    John
                    Patiently waiting in Detroit since January
                  • langejcarl
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 12, 2005
                      <william@w...> wrote:

                      > Dear Friend,
                      >
                      > Enjoyed the July 4th? I certainly did !
                      >

                      > GOOD NEWS FOR WO APO MEMBERS!!
                      > -------------------------------
                      >
                      > The Megrez 80 F/7 ED is start shipping to USA by Air and boat this
                      > week.all waiting list in USA will be over shortly.
                      >
                      > Thank you for you long waiting.
                      >
                      > > Thank you again.
                      >
                      > Best Regards,
                      >
                      > William Yang
                      > William Optics

                      William,
                      You posted the above message on 7/5/05.
                      Where are the APO's? I know that I don't have mine and I am on the
                      top of a backorder list since January 2005. I sent an email on this
                      subject directly to WO quite a while ago, but did not get a response.
                      I am sure that there are others who would also like to know the
                      status of these scopes. Please respond with something concrete.
                      Thanks.
                      John
                    • langejcarl
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 16, 2005
                        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "langejcarl" <langejcarl@y...>
                        wrote:
                        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
                        > <william@w...> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > Dear Friend,
                        > >
                        > > Enjoyed the July 4th? I certainly did !
                        > >

                        > > GOOD NEWS FOR WO APO MEMBERS!!
                        > > -------------------------------
                        > >
                        > > The Megrez 80 F/7 ED is start shipping to USA by Air and boat
                        this
                        > > week.all waiting list in USA will be over shortly.
                        > >
                        > > Thank you for you long waiting.
                        > >
                        > > > Thank you again.
                        > >
                        > > Best Regards,
                        > >
                        > > William Yang
                        > > William Optics
                        >
                        > William,
                        > You posted the above message on 7/5/05.
                        > Where are the APO's? I know that I don't have mine and I am on the
                        > top of a backorder list since January 2005. I sent an email on this
                        > subject directly to WO quite a while ago, but did not get a
                        response.
                        > I am sure that there are others who would also like to know the
                        > status of these scopes. Please respond with something concrete.
                        > Thanks.
                        > John

                        I don't understand why WO is not responding to my previous post or
                        following up on its own July 5 post referenced above. All I want is a
                        straight answer. You are very good about answering questions about
                        current and upcoming products, so how about updating people about a
                        scope on back order? I am a huge WO fan and want to remain one.
                        Please respond.
                      • David Yang
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 16, 2005
                          Hi John,

                          We try to email you today, but somehow your email keep bouncing back. Please
                          contact us today or Monday latest status. We will do our best to find out if
                          the dealer you order the product has your name on the top of the list.
                          714-209-0388

                          Regards,

                          David Yang
                          William Optics USA

                        • langejcarl
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 24, 2005
                            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "David Yang"
                            <bruinsdkny@m...> wrote:
                            > Hi John,
                            >
                            > . Please
                            > contact us today or Monday latest status. We will do our best to
                            find out if
                            > the dealer you order the product has your name on the top of the
                            list.
                            > 714-209-0388
                            >

                            > Regards,
                            >

                            > David Yang
                            > William Optics USA

                            I contacted WO as they requested. Received my 80mm Megrez II ED.
                            Beautiful!
                            Clear night the first night. What luck. Performs wonderfully. Thank
                            You.

                            John
                            Detroit