Things I'd like to see from WO

  • Michael Portuesi
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2005
      Though I really enjoy my Megrez-80 SD II, I can think of a few more
      things I'd like to see from William Optics:

      1) A red-dot finder. StellarVue sells a nice, large red-dot finder
      for their scopes. WO could offer one with a high-quality bracket that
      installs on their OTAs hassle-free.

      2) A version of the WO 7x50 optical finder with a right-angle Amici
      prism. The illuminated reticle on the WO finder is a great idea. I
      would buy one to replace the Antares finder on my 15" Dobsonian, but
      the WO finder is straight-through. I can't position my head to look
      through a straight-through finder on my big Dob.

      3) A Baader white-light solar filter to fit the WO OTAs, in my case
      the Megrez-80. This offering would really round out the WO accessory
      line.

      Just in case the Yang brothers are listening....

      Thanks,
      Michael Portuesi
    • lbc8556
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 20, 2005
        Michael, you forgot to mention something like an optional dew shield
        to help those like us trying to balance the Megrez 80 on a TV mount.
        This dewshield would be heavier than the present one and would be a
        real benefit for those of us with heavy "eyepiece end" equipment
        faffing around attempting to achieve balance. As you know, with a
        heavy Nagler/Panoptic, balance can only be obtained by positioning the
        OTA so far forward that the focusing knobs are "in" the TV cradle.
        What a pain. Oh well, we can always dream!!

        Stan

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Portuesi"
        <mportuesi@y...> wrote:
        > Though I really enjoy my Megrez-80 SD II, I can think of a few more
        > things I'd like to see from William Optics:
        >
        > 1) A red-dot finder. StellarVue sells a nice, large red-dot finder
        > for their scopes. WO could offer one with a high-quality bracket that
        > installs on their OTAs hassle-free.
        >
        > 2) A version of the WO 7x50 optical finder with a right-angle Amici
        > prism. The illuminated reticle on the WO finder is a great idea. I
        > would buy one to replace the Antares finder on my 15" Dobsonian, but
        > the WO finder is straight-through. I can't position my head to look
        > through a straight-through finder on my big Dob.
        >
        > 3) A Baader white-light solar filter to fit the WO OTAs, in my case
        > the Megrez-80. This offering would really round out the WO accessory
        > line.
        >

        > Just in case the Yang brothers are listening....
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Michael Portuesi
      • cnstars2004
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 20, 2005
          <mportuesi@y...> wrote:
          > Though I really enjoy my Megrez-80 SD II, I can think of a few more
          > things I'd like to see from William Optics:
          >
          > 1) A red-dot finder. StellarVue sells a nice, large red-dot finder
          > for their scopes. WO could offer one with a high-quality bracket
          that
          > installs on their OTAs hassle-free.
          >
          > 2) A version of the WO 7x50 optical finder with a right-angle Amici
          > prism. The illuminated reticle on the WO finder is a great idea.
          > would buy one to replace the Antares finder on my 15" Dobsonian,
          but
          > the WO finder is straight-through. I can't position my head to
          look
          > through a straight-through finder on my big Dob.
          >
          > 3) A Baader white-light solar filter to fit the WO OTAs, in my case
          > the Megrez-80. This offering would really round out the WO
          accessory
          > line.
          >

          > Just in case the Yang brothers are listening....
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Michael Portuesi

          Hey Michael-

          I use a Thousnd Oaks filter on my Megrez 80II ED that was
          previously used on an ETX 90, fits perfect on the W.O. 80mm scope.
          The dew shhield is 90mm.

          Have a day- Patrick
        • Michael Portuesi
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 20, 2005
            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "cnstars2004" <solace02@m...>
            wrote:
            > Hey Michael-
            >
            > I use a Thousnd Oaks filter on my Megrez 80II ED that was
            > previously used on an ETX 90, fits perfect on the W.O. 80mm scope.
            > The dew shhield is 90mm.

            That's good news. It looks like for the Megrez-80, all I have to do
            is search for 90mm outside tube diameter, or something that fits the
            ETX-90.

            From WO's point of view, it could be a money-making opportunity to
            offer a WO-branded solar filter matched to their scopes.

            Thanks,
            m.
          • puzzler_ken
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 29, 2005
              I would just like WO to sell their 1 1/4" to 2" converter as a
              separate item. WO makes a teriffic, high quality compression
              converter but they won't sell me one separately. Seems like a gross
              marketing error to me.

              <mportuesi@y...> wrote:
              > Though I really enjoy my Megrez-80 SD II, I can think of a few more
              > things I'd like to see from William Optics:
              >
              > 1) A red-dot finder. StellarVue sells a nice, large red-dot finder
              > for their scopes. WO could offer one with a high-quality bracket
              that
              > installs on their OTAs hassle-free.
              >
              > 2) A version of the WO 7x50 optical finder with a right-angle Amici
              > prism. The illuminated reticle on the WO finder is a great idea. I
              > would buy one to replace the Antares finder on my 15" Dobsonian, but
              > the WO finder is straight-through. I can't position my head to look
              > through a straight-through finder on my big Dob.
              >
              > 3) A Baader white-light solar filter to fit the WO OTAs, in my case
              > the Megrez-80. This offering would really round out the WO
              accessory
              > line.
              >

              > Just in case the Yang brothers are listening....
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Michael Portuesi
            • williamoptics2004
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                Hi Michael,

                We are listening!!

                The new large red-dot finder for WO scopes will be ready very soon.

                too many new items are coming this year.

                Thanks for the suggestion from all WO's members.

                William
              • Michael Portuesi
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
                  <william@w...> wrote:
                  > Hi Michael,
                  >
                  > We are listening!!
                  >
                  > The new large red-dot finder for WO scopes will be ready very soon.

                  Good news!! I'll look forward to the new products. I'll be
                  especially pleased if the new red-dot finder attaches to the Megrez 80
                  SD in addition to the 6x30 optical finder, and does so hassle-free.

                  Michael Portuesi
                • ram1368
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                    That's good to know. I was about to buy a very nice all metal red dot
                    finder from a competitor.

                    The downside to his design is the anodized finish is flat black
                    rather then glossy and that it requiers tools to mount and dis-mount.
                    Tiny hex wrenches at night are a pain.

                    I would like to see a low profile attachment unit for my ZS80. I'll
                    keep an eye out for your offering, and hope that the design is in
                    keeping with my lovely ZS80.

                    Rashad