ZenithStar 66 ED Triplet APO f 7

  • deepskyqueen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2005
      I flew to Riverside RTMC last weekend, and visited the Williams
      booth. I was at NEAF 2004 and tried out several of the Williams scopes
      that were set up there as well.

      I decided to order the Triplet ED APO, after being told it would not
      display any color at 200 power!

      I understand from the website that July 2005 is the planned ship date.

      Having owned several refractor achromats, I am looking forward to seeing
      this little telescope perform. I own a 20 inch telescope, so this will
      be used primarly for birding then some astronomy.

      My question is this: Why on the order page is the option for a star
      diagonal only available as an SCT mirror or dielectric 2"?

      I would prefer an erecting prism diagonal option as I will be using it
      for birding?

      I do not use an SCT.
      Thanks,
      Barbara Wilson
    • williamoptics2004
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        Dear Barbara,

        I was very happy to seen you again at RTMC.

        We have two package selection for ZS 66 patzvel:(not triplet APO)

        Terrestrial Package Package Includes New WO 1.25" Erecting Prism and
        New 20mm (WA) Wide Angle Eyepiece (introductory price $299)

        Astronomical Package Package Includes 2 Inch SCT Dielectric Star
        Mirror Diagonal (introductory price $448)

        David told me you already ordered a ZS66 F/7 APO, they comes with
        OTA package only ,just ZS66 triplet APO and carrying case is included
        (introductory price is $495 OTA)

        you can order erecting prism any time you need it.

        Please let me know if you have other question.

        Thank you very much.

        Best Regards,

        William

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "deepskyqueen" <bwilson2@i...>