Re: GT-1 mount worm cycle time?

  • Morgan Spangle
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2005
      Replying to my own question: I timed it last night at 8 minutes.
      Morgan

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Morgan Spangle" <msfainc@o...>
      wrote:
      > does anyone know the time for one worm cycle in the WO GT-1 mount?
      > Thanks for any info,
      > Morgan
    • Paul K
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2005
        Morgan, that's almost exactly right: there are 180 teeth on the worm-
        gear of the GT-1, so the more precise worm cycle is 23.93447/180
        hours which is equal to 7 minutes and 58.69 seconds :)

        Regards,

        -Paul