GT-1 mount worm cycle time?

  • Morgan Spangle
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2005
      does anyone know the time for one worm cycle in the WO GT-1 mount?
      Thanks for any info,
      Morgan
    • Morgan Spangle
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2005
        Replying to my own question: I timed it last night at 8 minutes.
        Morgan

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Morgan Spangle" <msfainc@o...>
        wrote:
        > does anyone know the time for one worm cycle in the WO GT-1 mount?
        > Thanks for any info,
        > Morgan
      • Paul K
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2005
          Morgan, that's almost exactly right: there are 180 teeth on the worm-
          gear of the GT-1, so the more precise worm cycle is 23.93447/180
          hours which is equal to 7 minutes and 58.69 seconds :)

          Regards,

          -Paul