Re: [William-Optics] Re: Couple questions for Markus

  • APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8, 2005
      Daniel,

      the quality of the barlow is very good , but the clear diameter is indeet to small. I told you it vignets visible a Tele Vue Panoptik 24 mm and a Tele Vue Plössl 32 mm.

      the 2" Tele Vue Panoptik Barlow have more then douple aperture.

      this William Barlow shall not be offered and sold as a 2" Modell and even for a 1.25" Modell, the lenses are already to small to be used with " any " 1.25" eyepiece

      sorry to post this here, but you asked me to reply

      best wishes
      Markus
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 8, 2005
        Hi Markus,

        we know you like to post freely and you know you can post freely here
        too. We never censored anything, even the harshest opinions, much
        worse than some of your usually informed but critical posts sometimes!
        ;-)

        Anyway!

        Ten people, ten different opinions.

        That's your opinion, thank you for sharing it, we respect it, no
        problem. I say, if one wants to buy, he can buy, otherwise he can buy
        some other brands'! There's plenty of cheap stuff out there.

        But, usually, before I make a choice I try the product out, if I have
        a chance, and I judge with my own head/eyes.

        I had asked you to compare with a large "clear-aperture" AP diagonal
        as we did, for example. Are the results very different?
        Thank you for your comments!

        Incidentally, I have already informed that if the market wants bigger
        clear aperture, they will get it, but so far the barlows are selling
        pretty well.

        Regards,
        Daniel

        <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
        > Daniel,
        >
        > the quality of the barlow is very good , but the clear diameter is
        indeet to small. I told you it vignets visible a Tele Vue Panoptik 24
        mm and a Tele Vue Plössl 32 mm.

        > the 2" Tele Vue Panoptik Barlow have more then douple aperture.
        >
        > this William Barlow shall not be offered and sold as a 2" Modell
        and even for a 1.25" Modell, the lenses are already to small to be
        used with " any " 1.25" eyepiece

        > sorry to post this here, but you asked me to reply
        >
        > best wishes
        > Markus

        Terms
        > of
        > > Service.

        Service.
      • APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 8, 2005

          Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 1:30 PM

          Hi Markus,

          we know you like to post freely and you know you can post freely here
          too.  We never censored anything, even the harshest opinions, much
          worse than some of your usually informed but critical posts sometimes!
          ;-)

          thanks for that

          Anyway!

          Ten people, ten different opinions.

          That's your opinion, thank you for sharing it, we respect it, no
          problem. I say, if one wants to buy, he can buy, otherwise he can buy
          some other brands'! There's plenty of cheap stuff out there.

          But, usually, before I make a choice I try the product out, if I have
          a chance, and I judge with my own head/eyes.

          I had asked you to compare with a large "clear-aperture" AP diagonal
          as we did, for example.  Are the results very different?
          Thank you for your comments!

          the diffrence between yours and AP or Tele Vue is, I can use with AP and Tele any 2" Eyepiece without vigneting, but not with yours. A 2" Barlow is made for use with 2" eyepieces, this can be done with AP and Tele Vue , but not with yours.
          Daniel, nothing against this barlow, but as as me , every single customer will do a claim when he gets it delivered from your dealers and that brings us dealers in a very bad position, because the  customer will tell us dealers, hey dealer why did you not told me before that this barlow is not made for use with 2" eyepiece to show full image ?

          Please understand, its a very serious matter for everybody, not only your customers.

          best wishes
          Markus

          <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
          > Daniel,
          >
          > the quality of the barlow is very good , but the clear diameter is
          indeet to small. I told you it vignets visible a Tele Vue Panoptik 24
          mm and a Tele Vue Plössl 32 mm.

          > the 2" Tele Vue Panoptik Barlow have more then douple aperture.
          >
          > this William Barlow shall not be offered and sold as a 2" Modell
          and even for a 1.25" Modell, the lenses are already to small to be
          used with " any " 1.25" eyepiece

          > sorry to post this here, but you asked me to reply
          >
          > best wishes
          > Markus

        • yenzowdrawde
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 8, 2005
            Daniel,
            Regarding the question as to the clear aperture of the 2" TV
            Powermate........nearest I can tell it is somewhere between 34 and
            35mm. I don't want to get any closer to the glass with the
            calipers. So that's as close as I can measure.

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamopticsmarketing"
            <williamopticsmarketing@y...> wrote:

            > Hi Ed,
            >
            > yes, Markus was the first one to ask us why so small, and at the
            > beginning he was a bit skeptical himself.
            >
            > Before you are seriously disappointed, why not taking a chance to
            > look through one at NEAF or at your Authorized WO Dealer?
            >
            > We compared our barlow to a 2" AP one, side to side, the small
            amount
            > of vignetting in both was comparable.
            >
            > Having a small clear aperture doesn't necessarily mean you are
            having
            > a substandard product! Not always you need "big" to do well. It
            goes
            > all down to the design you choose.
            >
            > Markus tried out our Barlow, ask him what he thinks of it!
            >
            > Also, for your reference, you can check the optical path of the WO
            > barlow if you are interested in these technicalities:
            >
            > http://www.william-
            optics.com/wowebs/prod_eyep/barlowx25/zemax_opt.htm

            > Just for my info and curiousity, anybody knows the TV Powermate
            clear
            > aperture?
            >
            > Our Barlow works fine as it is, and is a good bargain at the price
            > it's retailed at. If the market asks for changes, we will consider
            > that option too.
            >
            > In the meanwhile, I strongly encourage you to give us a chance!!
            >

            > Kind regards,
            >
            > Daniel
            >

            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "yenzowdrawde"
            <starcat@s...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Thanks Markus,
            > > Looks like I need to wait at least until you get the
            results
            > > back from your customer performing the tests. As for the Barlow
            > > don't think I'll get one unless it gets revised so the clear
            > aperture
            > > is increased to something more in line with the 2" housing it
            comes
            > > in. 21mm is only 41% of the diameter or about 21% of the area of
            > > 2" fitting. These optics should be in a 1.25" housing not 2".
            > >
            > > I am seriously dissappointed in this piece coming from
            WO.
            > > Has anyone asked William or David why it is so small compared to
            > the
            > > housing it's mounted in?
            > >
            > > Cheers, Ed
            > >

            > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus