108mm

  • Chuck Shinn
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2000
      Ray; if you are still here is the 108mm WYO still available or has it
      been superceeded? Also how about field flatteners? Thanks, CHuck
    • Ray York
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2000

        Hi Chuck,

        The 108mm f/6.5 triplet Fluorite will be available in the future. William is working hard to get everything together. We have some 80mm Megrez scopes on the way here now.

        Ray York

        http://www.BuyTelescopes.com

        http://www.AstroMart.com

        Anacortes Telescope and Wild Bird

        (360) 588-9000

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2000
          Chuck,
          As you may or may not know WYO has made an agreement to have TEC in Colorado
          make APO lenses for WYO's tubes.
          At the present time there are a few 160mm f/8 scopes available and the 108mm
          will be available soon.
          Some details are being worked out and sometimes things change a bit but rest
          assured the scopes will be very good optically and mechanically.
          TEC has very good opticians and William makes very good tubes.
          WYO just shipped our first shipment of 80mm Megrez scopes (should arrive in
          a week or so) and 5 - 100 f/8 (the ones APM supplies TMB and WYO) and 1 - 7"
          f/8 Aries fluorite triplet.
          In the next couple of weeks we should be getting another 25 - 80mm Megrez
          (the 2 shipments will satisfy most back orders) and 102mm Megrez should be
          in 30-60 days.
          William sent a picture of the GT 1 goto mount he is working on as well as a
          new 6" tube assembly that I will ask Ray to post to the links section.
          I have asked William to join the group and will also ask Yuri from TEC to
          join too.
          This will help get the most accurate information possible.
          Thank you
          Herb
          www.BuyTelescopes.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2000
            Whether the 108mm is fluorite or not and whether it is going to be 110mm or 108mm is the reason I'm asking William and Yuri to join this group.
            Things change as these fellows get glass or make design changes in the construction process. Some of the information we received early in the process has changed so if Yuri and William are here we should get the REAL scoop.
            Hang in here we WILL have the correct info on all TEC/WYO scopes.
            Thank you
            Herb
            www.BuyTelescopes.com
            www.AstroMart.com
            Anacortes Telescope and Wild Bird
            (360)588-9000

            Ray; if you are still here is the 108mm WYO still available or has it
            been superceeded? Also how about field flatteners? Thanks, CHuck

          • cshinn
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2000
              Thanks very much Herb. I didn't know about Yuri and Mr. William's joint ventures. Good news with local vendors. Tec has a great rep. Thanks again. CHuck

              Ray; if you are still here is the 108mm WYO still available or has it
              been superceeded? Also how about field flatteners? Thanks, CHuck

            • Arnie Rosner

                Ray; if you are still here is the 108mm WYO still available or has it
                been superceeded? Also how about field flatteners? Thanks, CHuck

                eGroups Sponsor

                Arnie Rosner
                714-593-9893, Voice, Fax and message machine

                Images from all over the Universe
                http://www.arnierosner.com/

                Astronomical  image Experiments in Light Pollution Control
                http://www.arnierosner.com/ccd/

              • cshinn
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 6, 2000
                  Hi Arnie...I have one too.....Check out the files area....Chucky

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 6, 2000
                    Thanks for your response.  I thought you had one...  <VBG>

                    Arnie