AP 0.75x reducer, mechanics and vignetting ?

  • Steve Heckenlively
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi, 2 questions.

      I've seen pictures taken with the AP reducer on the FLT 110,
      how is the (2.7 inch?) reducer attached to the 4 inch focuser?

      What percent vignetting do you get with this setup using 35mm
      or a Canon DSLR (22x15 IIRC)? I'm asking for first hand experience
      (maybe even a jpg of a flat), not opinions.

      Thanks

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Chris Appleton
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Steve Heckenlively
        <sdheckenlively@y...> wrote:
        > Hi, 2 questions.
        >
        > I've seen pictures taken with the AP reducer on the FLT 110,
        > how is the (2.7 inch?) reducer attached to the 4 inch focuser?

        AP does sell a 4" to 2.7" adapter that you can use

        > What percent vignetting do you get with this setup using 35mm
        > or a Canon DSLR (22x15 IIRC)? I'm asking for first hand experience
        > (maybe even a jpg of a flat), not opinions.

        Can not answer this one as I am using an astro ccd camera

        Cheers,

        Chris Appleton