Re: WO 80mm 480mm Fluorite with TV .8 reducer/flattener-Kurt

  • Chris Appleton
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2005
      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "kurt_friedrich"
      <kurt_friedrich@y...> wrote:

      Hi Kurt
      I tried your link and it say's the page can not be displayed. I
      would really like to see your results so, could you please send it
      again?

      Thanks

      Chris A

      > WO 80mm 480mm Fluorite with TV .8
      >
      > If you want to see what this device will do for the WO scope; go
      > this web site:
      >
      > reducer/flattenerhttp://www.angelfire.com/id/kurtfriedrich/
      >
      > and click on the self describing text at the top of the page.
      >
      > I am very happy I bought this item, but it ain't cheap.
      >
      > Kurt
    • Chris Appleton
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5, 2005
        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Appleton"
        <denturist89@s...> wrote:

        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "kurt_friedrich"
        > <kurt_friedrich@y...> wrote:

        It's okay Kurt, I found your other link. I looked at both images and
        this is what I see.

        The image taken WITHOUT the 0.8x TV FR/FF has severe coma or star
        elongation on all the outside edges and corners esp. at the both
        bottom corners. Stars in the middle are nice and very round so no
        guiding issues here.

        The image WITH the TV 0.8X FR/FF makes the field flatter and wider.
        There is some star elongation esp. at the bottom left side, but this
        is way better and well worth the $300. Again stars in the middle are
        very round so no guiding issues here.

        Thanks for letting us know, I am looking into a 80mm scope and some
        type of focal reducer/field flattener. I wonder when William Yang is
        going to come out with their new .8x focal reudcer/field flattener??
        I know of a few people who got tired waiting and bought the TV 0.8X
        FR/FF!

        Cheers,

        Chris Appleton

        > Hi Kurt
        > I tried your link and it say's the page can not be displayed. I
        > would really like to see your results so, could you please send it
        > again?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Chris A
        > >
        > > WO 80mm 480mm Fluorite with TV .8
        > >
        > > If you want to see what this device will do for the WO scope; go
        > > this web site:
        > >
        > > reducer/flattenerhttp://www.angelfire.com/id/kurtfriedrich/
        > >
        > > and click on the self describing text at the top of the page.
        > >
        > > I am very happy I bought this item, but it ain't cheap.
        > >
        > > Kurt
      • StarCat
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2005
          Hi Chris,
                  I emailed David Yang the other day and was told the redesigned FR/FF is on schedule for the end of this month.  I've been waiting too.  A couple months ago, when I had funds burning a hole in the old pocket, William suggested that I wait for this redesigned unit.  That'll be one of the first things I check on when I return from my vacation.

          Cheers, forever clear skies & great seeing!
                                Ed

          It's okay Kurt, I found your other link. I looked at both images and
          this is what I see.

          The image taken WITHOUT the 0.8x TV FR/FF has severe coma or star
          elongation on all the outside edges and corners esp. at the both
          bottom corners. Stars in the middle are nice and very round so no
          guiding issues here.

          The image WITH the TV 0.8X FR/FF makes the field flatter and wider.
          There is some star elongation esp. at the bottom left side, but this
          is way better and well worth the $300. Again stars in the middle are
          very round so no guiding issues here.

          Thanks for letting us know, I am looking into a 80mm scope and some
          type of focal reducer/field flattener. I wonder when William Yang is
          going to come out with their new .8x focal reudcer/field flattener??
          I know of a few people who got tired waiting and bought the TV 0.8X
          FR/FF!

          Cheers,

          Chris Appleton

          > Hi Kurt
          > I tried your link and it say's the page can not be displayed. I
          > would really like to see your results so, could you please send it
          > again?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Chris A
          > >
          > > WO  80mm 480mm Fluorite with TV .8
          > >
          > > If you want to see what this device will do for the WO scope; go
          > > this web site:
          > >
          > > reducer/flattenerhttp://www.angelfire.com/id/kurtfriedrich/
          > >
          > > and click on the self describing text at the top of the page.
          > >
          > > I am very happy I bought this item, but it ain't cheap.
          > >
          > > Kurt

        • kurt_friedrich
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2005
            I figured as much. I had posted here hoping Williams would give us
            some update, and when they didn't, I went and bought the TV (which I
            am very happy with). Its like the best way to get rain, either wash
            your car, or get a new telescope. If you want something to happne
            quickly, take a decision in favor of it taking a long time instead,
            and sure enough, it will then happen. I think its corralary #476 of
            Murphy's law.

            Kurt

            of Service.
          • Chris Appleton
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2005
              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, StarCat <starcat@s...> wrote:

              Thanks again Ed for the info and have yourself a good safe vacation.

              Best regards,

              Chris A

              of Service.