Jupiter Occulation

  • no_names_remain99
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2004
      I observed the occulation with the Megrez f7 triplet today at noon.
      The clouds parted just in time to see Jupiter slip slowly behind the
      moon. Prior to the occulation with Jupiter closing in on the moon I
      could make out two of the dark cloud bands which I hadn't expected to
      see in an 80mm @70X during full daylight at the noon hour :)

      The scope performed very well, lots of detail could be seen on the
      moon and when Jupiter was partially occulted I could easily see small
      craters on the lunar rim overtop of Jupiters disk.

      -Chris
    • William Schwittek
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2004
        Chris,

        Not to nit-pick but it's occultation. *8^)

        - Bill

        | Message: 1
        | Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:54:02 -0000
        | From: no_names_remain99
        | Subject: Jupiter Occulation
        |

        | I observed the occulation with the Megrez f7 triplet today at noon.
        | The clouds parted just in time to see Jupiter slip slowly behind the
        | moon. Prior to the occulation with Jupiter closing in on the moon I
        | could make out two of the dark cloud bands which I hadn't expected
        | see in an 80mm @70X during full daylight at the noon hour :)
        |
        | The scope performed very well, lots of detail could be seen on the
        | moon and when Jupiter was partially occulted I could easily see
        small
        | craters on the lunar rim overtop of Jupiters disk.
        |
        | -Chris

      • no_names_remain99
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2004
          Bill-

          That's just the Canadian spelling ;0
          In my mind I know the spelling but the way we pronounce it....

          -Chris

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "William Schwittek"