Re: Removing lens from old Megrez? & selling the old lens!!!

  • gordogower2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
      > The spring is a ring with a gap, which is spring loaded--wants to
      be
      > bigger than it is, so it is held in the groove only by that
      pressure.
      > If you close the gap it gets smaller and wants to pop out. You

      Doug: thanks, I finally got it when I figured out that the spring is
      in the front of the dew shield and not the front of the lens cell!

      I now have a beautiful new ED triplet installed and am anxious to try
      it out tonight.

      Is there a market for the old lenses? I have not seen one on
      Astromart. Anyone know what one is worth?

      Thanks,

      Gordon G