[William-Optics] Re: Megrez 80 tube rings too small?

  • James Stephens
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      All,

      I have an 'early model' Megrez 80: one that was supplied with rings, and
      does not have the L-bracket. I recently decided to order a second set of
      rings (from Anacortes). The newer rings, although they appear to be of
      siimilar external dimensions to my older rings, do not fit the tube. They
      will not close when I attempt to place the telescope in them. Has anyone
      else experienced this? Are the older Megrez 80 tube assemblies larger in
      daimeter than the later ones? Or did I get an incorrectly milled set of
      rings?

      Thanks,
      Jim Stephens

      James Stephens, PhD 601-599-4260 (h)
      29 Park Place #301 601-268-2681 ext. 40 (w)
      Hattiesburg MS 39402