Any new on the new Field flattener/Reducer?- William

  • Chris Appleton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2004
      Hi William

      Can you please provide some details on the new field
      flattener/reducer that is suppose to come out soon? I would like to
      use this on my WO 110mm refractor for ccd imaging!

      Thanks again

      Chris Appleton
      Toronto
    • williamoptics2004
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
        Dear Chris,

        The complete lens and coating are done now, we are making the
        complete lens cell design, I'll announce it when is ready for market,
        this is a triplet lens X0.8 design.

        Thank you.

        William

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Appleton"
        <denturist89@s...> wrote:
        > Hi William
        >
        > Can you please provide some details on the new field
        > flattener/reducer that is suppose to come out soon? I would like to
        > use this on my WO 110mm refractor for ccd imaging!
        >
        > Thanks again
        >
        > Chris Appleton
        > Toronto
      • Chris Appleton
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
          <william@w...> wrote:
          > Dear Chris,
          >
          > The complete lens and coating are done now, we are making the
          > complete lens cell design, I'll announce it when is ready for
          market,
          > this is a triplet lens X0.8 design.
          >
          > Thank you.
          >
          > William

          Hi William

          Thanks for getting back so quickly and this sound great. Looking
          forward to picking one up.

          Cheers,

          Chris Appleton
          Toronto

          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Appleton"
          > <denturist89@s...> wrote:
          > > Hi William
          > >
          > > Can you please provide some details on the new field
          > > flattener/reducer that is suppose to come out soon? I would like
          > > use this on my WO 110mm refractor for ccd imaging!
          > >
          > > Thanks again
          > >
          > > Chris Appleton
          > > Toronto
        • Chris Appleton
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
            <denturist89@s...> wrote:
            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
            > <william@w...> wrote:
            > > Dear Chris,
            > >
            > > The complete lens and coating are done now, we are making the
            > > complete lens cell design, I'll announce it when is ready for
            > market,
            > > this is a triplet lens X0.8 design.
            > >
            > > Thank you.
            > >
            > > William
            >
            > Hi William
            >
            > Thanks for getting back so quickly and this sound great. Looking
            > forward to picking one up.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Chris Appleton
            > Toronto

            I did the math and my WO110mm refractor f6.5 when use with the new
            fielsflattener/reducer x0.8 would bring it to an f5.2 at 572mm FL.
            Would this be right William and if it is all I can say is "amazing"!!

            Regards,

            Chris Appleton
            Toronto

            > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Appleton"
            > > <denturist89@s...> wrote:
            > > > Hi William
            > > >
            > > > Can you please provide some details on the new field
            > > > flattener/reducer that is suppose to come out soon? I would
            like
            > > > use this on my WO 110mm refractor for ccd imaging!
            > > >
            > > > Thanks again
            > > >
            > > > Chris Appleton
            > > > Toronto
          • Florent Poiget
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
              Hi Bob,

              <<<I did the math and my WO110mm refractor f6.5 when use with the new
              fielsflattener/reducer x0.8 would bring it to an f5.2 at 572mm FL.
              Would this be right William and if it is all I can say is "amazing"!!

              It is correct Bob, and with this focal length our FLT-110 should be
              outstanding for the CCD imaging.

              And for my Megrez 80 Triplet APO, With the Reducer 0.8x/FF, I should
              have a ratio of f/4.8 at 384mm FL. A Great FL for my future large
              Wide Field ST-10XME CCD images.

              Best Regards,

              Florent

              --------------
              CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao

              Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE

              My USA web site : http://members.aol.com/JEPobs/poiget.htm

              Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
              Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
              William Optics FLT-110 & Megrez 80 Triplet APO OTAs
              SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-7
            • williamoptics2004
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
                Dear Florent,

                Just give me little bit more time, I'm almost done, the engraving
                logo on flattener looks great.

                Regards,

                William

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Florent Poiget" <JEPobs@a...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Bob,
                >

                > <<<I did the math and my WO110mm refractor f6.5 when use with the
                new
                > fielsflattener/reducer x0.8 would bring it to an f5.2 at 572mm FL.
                > Would this be right William and if it is all I can say
                is "amazing"!!

                > It is correct Bob, and with this focal length our FLT-110 should be
                > outstanding for the CCD imaging.
                >
                > And for my Megrez 80 Triplet APO, With the Reducer 0.8x/FF, I
                should
                > have a ratio of f/4.8 at 384mm FL. A Great FL for my future large
                > Wide Field ST-10XME CCD images.
                >
                > Best Regards,
                >
                > Florent
                >
                > --------------
                > CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao
                >
                > Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE
                >
                > My USA web site : http://members.aol.com/JEPobs/poiget.htm
                >
                > Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
                > Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
                > William Optics FLT-110 & Megrez 80 Triplet APO OTAs
                > SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-7
              • Massimo Bernardi
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 29, 2004
                  Could new field flattener/reducer be used with a 10" F8 RC?

                  Thanks

                  Massimo Bernardi
                  Italy