Re: New WO Field flattener/Reducer

  • Florent Poiget
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2004
      Hi William,

      <<<We are finish few sets of those flattener lens next week, we will
      do
      the actual film and CCD testing with 110 APO, Megrez 80ll and Megrez
      80 APO,if the image quality reach to our calculation,we will start
      shipping this flattener/reducer to all WO dealer around the world in
      August or Sep.
      Thank you for your waiting.>>>

      I am very impatient to test it on my Megrez APO & on my FLT-110 with
      my SBIG ST-10XME.

      If you are interested, the first CCD test with my Megrez APO at :

      http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao/immonth.html

      For the ST-10XME and Megrez APO, the reducer/field flattener is
      absolutely necessary and will be welcome.

      Best Regards,

      Florent

      --------------
      CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao

      Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE

      My USA web site : http://members.aol.com/JEPobs/poiget.htm

      Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
      Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
      William Optics FLT-110 & Megrez 80 Triplet APO OTAs
      SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-7
    • Chris Appleton
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
        <william@w...> wrote:
        > Dear Chris,
        >
        > We are finish few sets of those flattener lens next week, we will
        do
        > the actual film and CCD testing with 110 APO, Megrez 80ll and
        Megrez
        > 80 APO,if the image quality reach to our calculation,we will start
        > shipping this flattener/reducer to all WO dealer around the world
        in
        > August or Sep.
        > Thank you for your waiting.
        >
        > William

        Hi William

        Thanks for letting me know . You mentioned August or Sep and our
        biggest star party "Starfest" about 1400 people will be attending
        this mid August. Our Canadian dealer of WO products will be there.

        Cheers,

        Chris Appleton
        Toronto, Canada

        > > Hi William
        > >
        > > This is great, I have been a long time for this accessory for
        use
        > > with my WO 110mm refractor. Are you going to ship a few to
        > Kendricks
        > > Astro Store in Canada because there will be a few of us
        interested?

        > > Thanks again!
        > >
        > > Chris Appleton
        > > Toronto
      • Greg Pyros
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2004
          William:

          I am very excited to see that you are coming out with a 2" 0.8
          flattener/reducer for your scopes.

          My main concern is to find out what the physical interface will be on
          both the telescope and the camera ends. I am currently using a WO
          105mm scope with an SBIG STL-11000XM CCD. SBIG has moved away from
          the T-thread on the camera to avoid the vignetting their new big
          chips by the time the light passes through the internal color filter
          wheel.

          It would be great if the enclosure for the flattener/reducer were
          large enough to thread directly into the STL cameras, or if there
          were two options for the camera end, one with standard t-thread and
          the other the larger one.

          Thank you for your consideration,
          Greg