HELP .. Optical prob. with Megrez 80 SD ??

  • Laurent LACOTE
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Hello everybody,

      I use a megrez 80 SD and a canon 300D for imaging.

      I've noticed a big coma (spherical aberation).

      I'd like to know if someone have the same problem, I'm afraid it
      could be a defect of the scope.

      I precise that I use a filter LPR (Orion skyglow), but it should not
      exagerate the come, no ?

      You will find an example of the rosette nebula :
      http://astrosurf.com/lacote/Images/cielprofond/300D/temp_can/g_rosette
      .jpg

      and others at : http://astrosurf.com/lacote/Images/cielprofond/300D

      I've ordered a field flattener 0.8x form Televue, hoping it will
      resolve a little..

      Does anyone can advise me ?? thank's a lot :-)))

      Laurent LACOTE.