SD or ED in Megrez 80II semi-apo

  • pongkemon
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29 3:47 PM
      Hi all,

      I have seen some ad. such as in Sky&Tele mag. stated that Megrez 80II
      semi-apo uses ED glass as its objective lense. However, I have seen
      technical info from my local distributor stated that it employs SD (special
      dispersion) glass. So....Which one is the correct info?

      Hope I can get my Megrez 80II soon,
      Aaron.
    • ragreiner5
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 29 5:07 PM
        I to have investigated the Megrez ads in various places.  I have to conclude that ED glass,  which is extra low dispersion glass is also often called SD glass which means as you say special dispersion glass.    So I think they are referring to the same glass in two different ways.

        Anyway, they use what they use and you can do nothing about it!  (G)

        There are also several Megrez scopes.  One is the Megrez II and the other the Megrez APO.  The first is an airspaced doublet and the second an air spaced triplet.  These are quite different.

        Doc G