Fluoro-star 110 Question

  • David Rinnan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hi Group,

      I am looking for some information regarding the FLT 110. I have owned mine
      since a couple months ago and it is a great telescope!!

      I am about to add a section on my new site that will feature some
      information about the FLT

      1. What was the first serial number of the FLT
      2. Has the FLT gone thru any upgrades throughout the years
      3. When was the FLT released on the market
      4. Has it always had the same color of-white or has it had the megrez white
      color

      Ok I think that's it for now :)

      Cheers

      David
    • twocentsplain
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
        David,

        Obviously, the Yangs can fill you in on all this info but I will add
        (if it is overlooked) that I own a TMB 100 f8 Serial No. 41 and it
        (along with those before and probably several after [by 92 (see
        Cloudynight.com website review of TMB 100 German Tube)it is no longer
        valid] is housed in the Fluoro-Star 110 tube. WO was also supplying
        tubes for a Thomas Back designed 100mm that sold under APM since they
        were not personally tested by Thomas Back (this info also courtesy of
        cloudynight.com - see review "TMB 10T0mm [sic] F/8 APO Refractor"

        Havn't personally seen the Flouro-Star but it would appear that the
        tube color has not changed - further confirmed by fact of when I
        bought my TMB used, it did not have the finderscope bracket and new
        one ordered is a match.

        Tube does have Fluoro-Star plate on it - so tube was serving several
        functions at that time (WO, TMB, APM).

        As re: changes in design, while I also cannot comment on Fluoro-Star
        itself, the TMB version came with an extension tube that attached
        between the focuser end and the 2" adaptor that was designed to be
        used for normal monocular viewing and when removed (looks like the WO
        website photo) the scope could be used with a binoviewer without the
        need of a barlow. Not sure if Fluoro-star has the adaptor.

        That's all.

        BTW, what is the url for your new website - I'd like to see the
        progress on the history (as well as whatever else you've got posted)

        Dan

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "David Rinnan" <david@r...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Group,
        >
        > I am looking for some information regarding the FLT 110. I have
        owned mine
        > since a couple months ago and it is a great telescope!!
        >
        > I am about to add a section on my new site that will feature some
        > information about the FLT
        >
        > 1. What was the first serial number of the FLT
        > 2. Has the FLT gone thru any upgrades throughout the years
        > 3. When was the FLT released on the market
        > 4. Has it always had the same color of-white or has it had the
        megrez white
        > color
        >
        > Ok I think that's it for now :)
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > David
      • williamoptics2004
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2004
          wrote:
          > Hi Group,
          >
          > I am looking for some information regarding the FLT 110. I have
          owned mine
          > since a couple months ago and it is a great telescope!!
          >
          > I am about to add a section on my new site that will feature some
          > information about the FLT
          >
          > 1. What was the first serial number of the FLT

          2001

          > 2. Has the FLT gone thru any upgrades throughout the years

          No, it still the same.

          > 3. When was the FLT released on the market

          It start from middle of 2002

          > 4. Has it always had the same color of-white or has it had the
          megrez white
          > color

          It's different color than Megrez 80,the FLT-110 come with cream white.

          > Ok I think that's it for now :)
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > David
        • Rob MacKay
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2004

            I have the first FLT-110

            Serial number #2001

            Rob

            I am looking for some information regarding the FLT 110. I have owned mine
            since a couple months ago and it is a great telescope!!

            I am about to add a section on my new site that will feature some
            information about the FLT

            1. What was the first serial number of the FLT
            2. Has the FLT gone thru any upgrades throughout the years
            3. When was the FLT released on the market
            4. Has it always had the same color of-white or has it had the megrez white
            color

            Ok I think that's it for now :)

            Cheers

            David