Oil-spaced vs Air-spaced objective

  • pongkemon
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hi guys,

      I've heard that the new WO 80 APO uses air-spaced objective lenses
      while the 110 APO has oil-spaced objective ones. I wonder what is the
      advantage of each spacing compared to each other.

      Aaron.
    • jgf3
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
         The air space has a slight loss however final tweaking of the lens can be made. Oil is still a cured lens (years ago some would use oil and it would leak) now its like a jelly and is fix when finish, though has no loss. When two different lens have a great difference in expansion they are perfer. When not, they are cemented.I may be wrong. Jim

        pongkemon <pongkemon@...> wrote:
        Hi guys,

        I've heard that the new WO 80 APO uses air-spaced objective lenses
        while the 110 APO has oil-spaced objective ones. I wonder what is the
        advantage of each spacing compared to each other.

        Aaron.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • jgf3