clamshell for GT-81

  • daviddench
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2014
      Dear All,
      I am a new GT-81 owner ( older red model ).
      I would like to use a clamshell on the scope to ease my mounting problems.
      Can anyone confirm which clamshells fit the GT-81.
          Best wishes,
            David

    • pgabura
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2014
        This is where I bought mine with a dovetail plate:

        http://www.telescopesupportsystems.com/whybuytss.php

        I had to use a pair of calipers to measure the diameter I wanted and they had it in stock. This is high quality mounting hardware so a little bit more $.