GTF81 - removing built-in flattener

  • dan_kordella
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2014
      Okay - I am looking at switching cameras from my KAF-8300-based camera to a smaller Sony-based camera and want to be able to use a focal reducer at the focuser.

      I've heard that it may be possible to remove the flattening element to convert it essentially a GT-81. What's the best way to go about doing this - and if I wanted to would I be able to restore the flattening element at a later date?

      Thanks!
    • salmanazam69
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2014
        Dan, I sent you an email response from WO with an attachment of how to remove the internal flattener for the GTF 102 model. I'm sure it is the same process. You will also need a 2" extension tube to reach focus.

        -Sal
      • timm_bottoni
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2014

          It won't work on the GTF81, like it can on the GTF102 because it doesn't have that section to remove.

          Sorry,