p-flat68

  • steve.duck@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2014
      I have just brought a p-flat68 second gen at the astrofest on sat to use with my flt110 and will be using a sxv h9 ccd
      I have read on some site about getting a correct distance beetween the flat and ccd chip so does that mean I have got to try to get a measurment somehow
      I thought it was just a case of connect it all up and away you go when the clouds do eventually go
      Steve

    • John Robert Adamson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2014

        Hi Steve

        Unfortunately the answer is yes the distance is critical. I bought a Flattener IVĀ  for my FLT 123 and it has adjustable settings for the back focus from 66mm to 86mm. It was a matter of trial and error adjusting the setting until I got a fully flat field in the image.

        You need to get the back focus distance for your set up and then put in the a relevant rings to set the distance.

        Have a look at this

        http://www.williamoptics.com/support/download/P-FLAT68-A-dimension.PDF

        Robert

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2014
          Thanks for the info robert it looks like measurment should be 113 mm and looking at the diagrams and my measurments ive got 114 mm hopefully 1mm wont make to much difference
          Steve

          Sent from Samsung tablet