RE: [William Optics] How to add a guide scope on an FLT 132

  • christian_hennes
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2014

      Hello,

      I wish to add a guide scope on the top of the FLT 132, can you tell me what is the best mechanical interface to use? The guide scope is a mere Kepler 80/400, picture below

      Thanks,

      Christian

      Lyon, France

      Lat: 45° 46’ 47” Nord, Long: 4° 49’ 27” East

    • Ronald Huyps
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2014

        Hi Christian,

        I have a FLT132 with a WO-ZS-66 as guidescope. I mounted dovetail plates and then the ZS-66

        Regards

        Ronald

        guide.jpg

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2014

          Hello Ronald,

          Thanks a lot for your answer. First of all, I see that we made quite similar choices, the WO FTL 132 first, then the Celestron CGE mount. A good combination.

          My need is to know the exact reference of the dovetail between the WO FLT 132 and the ZS-66. Indeed, I see so many types of dovetails and I am not sure they would all mate with the top part of the FLT 132.  I suspect from your picture that it is a male and female element so mounting the guide scope can be done in few seconds. If yes, this is exactly what I am looking for. I have several accessories on the side of the guide scope, so I am confident for this side.

          Thanks for your help,

          Christian

          Christian Hennes

          STMicroelectronics Global Account Manager

          +33 478 77 84 44

          +33 672 99 04 04

          I wish to add a guide scope on the top of the FLT 132, can you tell me what is the best mechanical interface to use? The guide scope is a mere Kepler 80/400, picture below

          Thanks,

          Christian

          Lyon, France

          Lat: 45° 46’ 47” Nord, Long: 4° 49’ 27” East

        • Peter Van den Eijnde
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2014
            Hello Christian,

            I don't know if this might be of help to you, but I hereby send you a photo link to my method of mounting a WO 80mm f/6 apo on top of my WO FLT-110 f/6.5: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pvde/12328218155/

            I mount a Losmandy dovetail plate upside down on top of the rings of the WO FLT-110. I then use Losmandy 125mm guidescope rings that slide over the bottom (or, in this case, top) of the dovetail plate, in which I mount the smaller apo. Works like a charm and is very rigid.

            Peter
          • Ronald Huyps
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2014

              Hello Christian,

              my method is actually quite the same as described below.

              - a william optics dovetail plate upside down

              - a set of ADM mounting rings slided on the plate.

              Regards

              Ronald

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2014

                Hello Peter,

                Thank you for your picture. I understand your idea. One way for me to do it would be to try first. We have a little scope shop at Lyon. So I will see if they can help me.

                By the way, you  have a very nice setup!

                Best regards,

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 5, 2014

                  Hello Ronald,

                  Thank you Ronald. So, this is clear now. I just need to go for the same setup as the one on the other side. Two standard dovetails, Losmandy format, male and female. It will mate the top of the WO FLT 132.

                  Thanks again for the advice,