BARLOW AND REDUCER FOR WOGTF 81

  • sberrada_99
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2013

      I have a WO GTF81 and wonder if there are reducers and barlows that are suitable for good quality imaging. I emphasize 'imaging' because visual barlows would likely not work well enough.

      A reducer of 0.7x and a barlow of 1.5x would give this instrument great range.

      If this not exist,I wonder if Mr William can consider developing such components.

      Thanks

      Sam

    • timm_bottoni

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 27, 2013

          I am still trying to find a reducer for the GTF81 which already has a flat field (5 elements).

          The reducer can not also be a flattener since, the field is already flat.

          I did find 2 reducers that are not flatteners:

          ORION88940.8X
          OPTECOP-174090.7X

          Has anyone tried these with a flat field corrected refractor such as this?

          Does anyone have any other reducers to suggest for this scope

          Thanks

          Sam

          Hi,

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 27, 2013

            Due to the flattener and length of the tube, WO doesn't have any sort of option for you.  It has the same front optics as a GT81, so another option might be to buy just a GT81 tube from WO.  Not sure how much this would cost, but you would have to unscrew the focuser, optics, and dew shield and screw them onto the GT81 tube, which would mean you essentially downgrade to a GT81 without the flattener.

            Then of course you would also have to spend money on a Reducer/Flattener like the WO Flat 6A for GT81 which is $227 - http://www.williamoptics.com/wo_shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=26_42&product_id=648

            If you are interested let me know, and I will try to have William contact you by email and see if he would sell a GT81 tube to you.

            Thanks,