WO 50mm Right Angle Correct Image Finder and Bracket

  • fordconf@att.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2013
      I bought this finder with my new WO GT102. After installing, I've found that the screw down connection of the mounting bracket to the finder post allows for a rocking back and forth of the entire finder assembly. It could be that the single screw hold-down design on the tapered base of the post creates sort of pivot point. Or possibly, the mating bracket surface is not in complete contact with the bottom of the post. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem.
    • Jamie Pole
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2013
        Yes - I purchased one also and found it to be of fairly average construction and inclined to wobble about when you bump into it looking into the eyepiece cup - and bump it out of alignment - very frustrating!  IMO - needs to be a dovetail style clamping mechanism.

        On 20 Nov 2013, at 2:16 pm, "fordconf@..." <fordconf@...> wrote:

        I bought this finder with my new WO GT102. After installing, I've found that the screw down connection of the mounting bracket to the finder post allows for a rocking back and forth of the entire finder assembly. It could be that the single screw hold-down design on the tapered base of the post creates sort of pivot point. Or possibly, the mating bracket surface is not in complete contact with the bottom of the post. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem.

      • timm_bottoni
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 20, 2013

          Hi

          A simple fix is to put a piece of tape, like clear tape or electrical tape, to the side of the stalk on the side opposite the screw that tightens down.

          Hope that helps

          Timm

          ---In william-optics@yahoogroups.com, <jamie.pole@...> wrote:

          Yes - I purchased one also and found it to be of fairly average construction and inclined to wobble about when you bump into it looking into the eyepiece cup - and bump it out of alignment - very frustrating!  IMO - needs to be a dovetail style clamping mechanism.

          On 20 Nov 2013, at 2:16 pm, "fordconf@..." <fordconf@...> wrote:

          I bought this finder with my new WO GT102. After installing, I've found that the screw down connection of the mounting bracket to the finder post allows for a rocking back and forth of the entire finder assembly. It could be that the single screw hold-down design on the tapered base of the post creates sort of pivot point. Or possibly, the mating bracket surface is not in complete contact with the bottom of the post. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem.

        • Navin R D
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 20, 2013
            Hi
            I found this seemed to happen on my flt 98 as well. But my prob was fairly simple.
            I had to put in the right screws and tighten it with the right key which wasn't commonly available.

            Warm Regards,

            Navin