RE: [William Optics] RE: Field Flattener

  • paulo mesquita
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013
      Hi Rich,

      WO doesn't make them anymore...but you're in luck. Teleskop Service does. Here is the link to the product page:

      http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p4047_TS-PHOTOLINE-3--Flattener-for-Refractors---68mm-corrected---illuminated-field.html

      They even have it in stock...you just need to order it. If by any change you're not in Europe and need help shipping it overseas, I can help. And if you talk to Christoph at Teleskop Express, tell him you' re a friend of Paulo Mesquita from Portugal.

      cheers
      Paulo

      To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
      From: rich.crowell1@...
      Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:15:06 -0700
      Subject: [William Optics] RE: Field Flattener

      Paulo thank you for the picture but do you have a model #?  I am thinking that WO has changed this product.  I suspect that the Feild Flattener 68 is the unit I want but WO doesn't seem to produce it any more.  Has anyone had any experience with a currently produced flattener and this scope.

      Rich

      --- In william-optics@yahoogroups.com, <cgsathome@...> wrote:

      Rich –

      If you have the Moonlite focuser with a threaded 68mm drawtube, you can purchase an adaptor from Moonlite that will thread into a TMB flattener (like Paul is showing) on one end and into the Moonlite focuser on the other.  If you have a 2-1/2” compression drawtube, you could choose to switch it out for a 68mm threaded version, I believe.  Not advocating this but just saying it is an option to get the entire setup threaded.

      Craig Smith

      From: rich.crowell1@...
      Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:47:05 -0700
      Subject: [William Optics] Field Flattener

      I recently acquired an older TMB FLT 110. I am not sure exactly of what vintage.   WO makes several field flatteners as well other manufacturers.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to which would be the best choice mated to this scope.  I am using a 2 ½’ Moonlite focuser.  I am not sure if that would influence the choice.

      Rich

    • brian courland
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013
        This is the link to a WO field flattener currently on sale on ice in space an Australian site- perhaps you can ask the seller?

        Registered User

        UniPol is offline

        Location: Winmalee, Lower Blue Mountains, NSW
        William Optics Field Flattener for FLT-110 & FLT-132

        This high-quality flattener with 68mm of free aperture has been engineered and CNC machined for AP use with William Optics FLT - 98, FLT-110 & FLT-132 APO refractors. Designed by leading designer Thomas Back for the FLT line. Comes with the normally optional extension tube. $350 inc. postage

        From: rich.crowell1@...
        Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:47:05 -0700

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013
          good choice!