Re: [William Optics] WO 110mm FLT

  • Mike Tapper
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2013

      Contact WO. They have a 2" extension that screws onto the camera rotator (after you remove the end piece) and is made for the 3.5" focuser. It solved my problem. You may also need to tighten up the set screws holding the focuser so they are all equal and the focuser is square to the OTA.

      Make sure you lock down the focuser after you focus. The draw can move under the weight of the camera when the OTA is at high angles if you don't.

      Good luck.
      Mike T

      On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM, skyguycan <gregwinter@...> wrote:

      Hi Guys,

      I have had this OTA for about 5 years now and use it strictly for imaging. Up to a couple of months ago I have been using a Meade DSI ll Mono for most of my imaging with very good success with all things considered.

      I have upgraded the Meade DSI to a much, much heavier SBIG camera. I am starting to notice that the one set screw, that holds the diagonal and the 2 inch nose piece of the SBIG camera is not enough to keep the camera square to the optical path. Aside from drilling and tapping a couple extra screw holes, is there anything else out there to hold the camera more securely?

      Thank you and Clear Skies!!

    • Gregg Winter
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2013

        Hi Mike,

        Ah, this is great news!  I did not know that this part existed. By chance do you know what this piece is called or have a part number?  It's just tht I usually have a hard time trying to navigate WO's website.

        Clear Skies!!

        Gregg

      • Mike Tapper

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2013

            Thanks Mike,

            it sounds as though it should solve my problem as it did yours.

            Gregg