RE: [William Optics] Re: WO GTF81 Accessories for dummies :)

  • Ray Hurst
    Message 1 of 11 , May 15, 2013

      Monica,

      I can’t comment on the eyepieces because I only use my GTF-81 got imaging.

      I only have a few very old eyepieces.

      As to the Flattener , you are correct you don’t need one because it is built in.

      Ray

      From: gsordiglioni@...
      Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 13:22:48 +0200

      Monica,

      you could buy the UWAN series, the WO 7mm and 16mm. Or consider the Vixen LVW 17 for large field views.

      I own the Megrez 90 f/6.9. For fast grab and go observation, I find the 7.5-22.5mm WO Zoom eyepiece is fantastic. However it suffer from small FoV at 22.5mm (42° only), while enought at 7.5mm (65°).

      For planetary visions I would not suggest a 8mm Plossl. Take *at least* a 7mm.

      Sometimes to see Jupiter I use the UWAN 4mm even thought I think it gives its best on globulars.

      In fact it suffer from parassite lights, and the 82° FoV is not necessary.

      The 14mm 100° is a good choice. You get a higher powered view but with a FoV comparable to a 17mm. However read the CloudyNights website, someone wrote you can't see the whole 100°; someone tested it on a M90 too. Be careful.

      For astrophotogray, the M90 has an evident field curvature. Using the camera adapter only coupled with a DSLR you will be forced to crop your frame a lot because borders are much distorted. Even using the Lens Distortion filter in Photoshop, you can't get soddisfactory results. Best use a field flatterner, even a general purpouse one that sells many dealer (OPT, TeleskopService, and others).

      Take care,

      Gianluca