Re: Questions regarding FLT-110 (TMB)

  • Timm B
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2013
      Hi

      I think William is going to offer the non-DDG R&P focusers for sale as replacements for a variety of older scopes.

      I'm not sure the of the prices, and I don't remember which flattener is which so I'm sorry I'm not much help on the second question.

      Timm

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Carlos Cardon" <cdcardon@...> wrote:

      > I own an older FLT-110 (with TMB optics) and have a couple of questions for
      > the group:
      >

      > 1. After a few years, I began to have a lot of trouble with the
      > focuser. I contacted WO Support about purchasing a replacement and was
      > informed that they no longer manufactured that part. They said they had
      > several other defective parts at the factory and picked the best of those to
      > send me. While I appreciated this effort, the one I received was not much
      > better than the original. My question for the group is: what have other
      > owners done to deal with the focuser issue on this scope?
      >

      > 2. Since retiring, I have begun to learn the techniques of
      > astrophotography. At the time of my original purchase, I included a Field
      > Flattener and have been experimenting with it. The flattener box says
      > "WE-FLTA68" (not FLAT68). In my testing, I seem to get better results
      > without the flattener. My questions for the group are: Has anyone else
      > used the WE-FLTA68 with the TMB FLT 110 and what results do you get? Is
      > anyone using the flattener currently offered on the William site with the
      > older FLT 110 (the Field Flattener 68, which is physically different that
      > the one I have)? Is there a non-William product that anyone has
      > successfully employed?

      > Carlos Cardon
      >
      > Salt Lake City

    • Timm B
      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2013
        Hi again,

        I checked with William and he is going to sell the new R&P focusers (without DDG) for $198 for the 2" model that fits 80-90mm models and $350 for the 3.5" model that fits 98-132mm models.

        Hope that helps

        Timm

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I think William is going to offer the non-DDG R&P focusers for sale as replacements for a variety of older scopes.
        >
        > I'm not sure the of the prices, and I don't remember which flattener is which so I'm sorry I'm not much help on the second question.
        >
        > Timm
        >
        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Carlos Cardon" <cdcardon@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I own an older FLT-110 (with TMB optics) and have a couple of questions for
        > > the group:
        > >

        > > 1. After a few years, I began to have a lot of trouble with the
        > > focuser. I contacted WO Support about purchasing a replacement and was
        > > informed that they no longer manufactured that part. They said they had
        > > several other defective parts at the factory and picked the best of those to
        > > send me. While I appreciated this effort, the one I received was not much
        > > better than the original. My question for the group is: what have other
        > > owners done to deal with the focuser issue on this scope?
        > >

        > > 2. Since retiring, I have begun to learn the techniques of
        > > astrophotography. At the time of my original purchase, I included a Field
        > > Flattener and have been experimenting with it. The flattener box says
        > > "WE-FLTA68" (not FLAT68). In my testing, I seem to get better results
        > > without the flattener. My questions for the group are: Has anyone else
        > > used the WE-FLTA68 with the TMB FLT 110 and what results do you get? Is
        > > anyone using the flattener currently offered on the William site with the
        > > older FLT 110 (the Field Flattener 68, which is physically different that
        > > the one I have)? Is there a non-William product that anyone has
        > > successfully employed?
        > >

        > > Any help would be very much appreciated.
        > >

        > > Carlos Cardon
        > >
        > > Salt Lake City

      • Mike Tapper
        Message 3 of 6 , May 13, 2013

          Timm,

          Are there any photos and specs available for the 3.5" R&P focuser ?
          Mike T

          On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Timm B <t.bottoni@...> wrote:

          Hi again,

          I checked with William and he is going to sell the new R&P focusers (without DDG) for $198 for the 2" model that fits 80-90mm models and $350 for the 3.5" model that fits 98-132mm models.

          Hope that helps

          Timm

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > I think William is going to offer the non-DDG R&P focusers for sale as replacements for a variety of older scopes.
          >
          > I'm not sure the of the prices, and I don't remember which flattener is which so I'm sorry I'm not much help on the second question.
          >
          > Timm
          >
          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Carlos Cardon" <cdcardon@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I own an older FLT-110 (with TMB optics) and have a couple of questions for
          > > the group:
          > >

          > > 1. After a few years, I began to have a lot of trouble with the
          > > focuser. I contacted WO Support about purchasing a replacement and was
          > > informed that they no longer manufactured that part. They said they had
          > > several other defective parts at the factory and picked the best of those to
          > > send me. While I appreciated this effort, the one I received was not much
          > > better than the original. My question for the group is: what have other
          > > owners done to deal with the focuser issue on this scope?
          > >

          > > 2. Since retiring, I have begun to learn the techniques of
          > > astrophotography. At the time of my original purchase, I included a Field
          > > Flattener and have been experimenting with it. The flattener box says
          > > "WE-FLTA68" (not FLAT68). In my testing, I seem to get better results
          > > without the flattener. My questions for the group are: Has anyone else
          > > used the WE-FLTA68 with the TMB FLT 110 and what results do you get? Is
          > > anyone using the flattener currently offered on the William site with the
          > > older FLT 110 (the Field Flattener 68, which is physically different that
          > > the one I have)? Is there a non-William product that anyone has
          > > successfully employed?
          > >

          > > Any help would be very much appreciated.
          > >

          > > Carlos Cardon
          > >
          > > Salt Lake City

        • Timm B
          Message 4 of 6 , May 13, 2013
            I'm not sure Mike,

            I don't see anything online on the WO site yet. I will see if William can let us all know.

            Timm

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Mike Tapper <mitapp2@...> wrote:

            > Timm,
            >
            > Are there any photos and specs available for the 3.5" R&P focuser ?
            > Mike T
            >

            > On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Timm B <t.bottoni@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hi again,
            > >
            > > I checked with William and he is going to sell the new R&P focusers
            > > (without DDG) for $198 for the 2" model that fits 80-90mm models and $350
            > > for the 3.5" model that fits 98-132mm models.
            > >
            > > Hope that helps
            > >
            > > Timm
            > >
            > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Hi
            > > >
            > > > I think William is going to offer the non-DDG R&P focusers for sale as
            > > replacements for a variety of older scopes.
            > > >
            > > > I'm not sure the of the prices, and I don't remember which flattener is
            > > which so I'm sorry I'm not much help on the second question.
            > > >
            > > > Timm
            > > >
            > > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Carlos Cardon" <cdcardon@>

            > > questions for

            > > those to
            > > much

            > > Field
            > > the
            > > that

          • notgnirramot
            Message 5 of 6 , May 14, 2013
              I have the FLT 110 Lite, which has a "Power Linear Focuser", everything else is the same, TBM optics etc. My Focuser works pretty well for astrophoto's with a SBIG ST8300 camera and a WO reducer flattener IV. The IV works very well with this scope.

              Tom