Re: SBIG 2000xcm slipping on back of ZS 80mm

  • jtorelli76063
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 29 1:13 PM
      I am having the same problem with my ZII80 and st8300m. I have small bungees wrapped all over this thing to keep the focuser from slipping.
      I would also be interested in the R&P without the DDG and the Flattener 4. I don't see the flattener 4 on the web site. How much does it cost?
      Please contact me off list:
      josephtorelli@...

      Thanks
      JoeT

    • ka4gbr@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 17 , May 8, 2013
        Hi All,

        William was nice enough to upgrade my focuser for free.
        Thanks William.
        The upgraded focuser has zero image shift and holds the weight
        of the telescope with no problem.
        Took it out last night and took 2 hours of Luminance of Markarians Chain with my GTF-81. Had to use an IDAS filter because I live in a White zone.

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/rayhurst_photos/8720915051/in/photostream

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, ka4gbr <ka4gbr@...> wrote:

        > I have a GTF-81 scope.
        > I am thinking about replacing it with a feathertouch focuser if they have an
        > adapter for it.
        > The DDG focuser can hold the weight ok but it has some focuser shift when
        > focusing.
        >
        > Ray

      • Timm B
        Message 3 of 17 , May 8, 2013
          Very nice - awesome pic and glad the focuser replacement worked out for you

          Timm