Re: [William Optics] GT or FLT?

  • ashleyparkuk
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 14, 2013
      Beautiful image there Ray,looks like you and the GTF81 are good partners ;-). I did hear a while back of pinched optics and collimation problems with some WO scopes but I assume they have those sorted now?
      Steve

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Hurst" <ka4gbr@...> wrote:

      > I can only speak for the GTF 81 scope which is all FPL-53 glass with a built
      > in flattner.
      >
      > Took a few images last month.
      >

      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/rayhurst_photos/8550732762/in/photostream
      >

      > I have heard very good things about the GTF 102 also.

    • mackey
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
        Hi Steve,

        FLT line scopes are triplet APO which are suitable for astrophotography,
        especially the FLT-132 and FLT-110. They stand out in the FLT line because
        of the legendary TMB design and dedicated field flattener (with reduction
        of original focus).

        Other FLT scopes are also very good, though.

        Taks a look at my facebook page with lots of photos taken with FLT-132.

        https://www.facebook.com/ourprettyuniverse

        Clear Sky,

        Hojong Lin
        Taipei, Taiwan

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <stevecuth@...> wrote:

        > Guys
        > New to the group and hi from the UK ;-). I`m interested in going from my trusty old mirror-floppy C8 to a triplet refractor and originally thought of a (sharp intake of breath!) Skywatcher Espirit 120 but reading of problems with obtaining flatteners has deterred me slightly but I`m reading good things about the new GT 102 from US websites but nothing written about it in the UK?? anyone know if its released here yet and what is the difference between the GT and FLT range of scopes please?. I want a scope with the FPL-53 glass and thought the FLT 110 had it but I`ve since found out otherwise.
        > Regards
        > Steve
      • mackey
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
          Oops... I meant "without focus reduction" in my previous post regarding
          field flattener.

          Hojong Lin
        • ashleyparkuk
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
            Nice shots there Hojong!.
            Well seems like you lucky guys in the States are the only ones to get a sniff of the new gt102 scope for now anyway :-(. Maybe have to wait a while here in the UK for a look at one ;-((
            Best
            Steve