Re: New GTF81

  • ¢Ý¢ø¢ü¢ñ¢ë
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013
      Very Nice!

      Look forward to see more photos from your GTF81,Thank you for share with us.
      William

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ka4gbr@..." <ka4gbr@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I am new to the group.
      > Been imaging for a couple years now and decided to get a faster smaller scope that I could travel with. Also needed a scope that wouldnt break my back when setting up every night.
      > This is first light with my GTF-81.

    • Ray Hurst
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013

        Thanks William,

        I only saw a few images taken with this scope on the Web.

        Wasn’t sure what to expect  imaging.

        Hope the weather stays good .

        Ray H

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013

          I got a chance to get my GTF 81 outside today and got couple of shots of the Sun.

          Used a white light filter.

          It was very spotty today.

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/rayhurst_photos/8559557323/in/photostream

          Look forward to see more photos from your GTF81,Thank you for share with us.
          William

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ka4gbr@..." <ka4gbr@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I am new to the group.
          > Been imaging for a couple years now and decided to get a faster smaller scope that I could travel with. Also needed a scope that wouldnt break my back when setting up every night.
          > This is first light with my GTF-81.

        • Timm B
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013
            Excellent!

            What filter do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

            Timm

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013

              In addition to my Baader film  homemade white light  filter I also used a Baader Continuum filter.

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013
                Thanks Ray - did you have any pics of how you made a homemade filter with Baader film? I'm thinking it might be a fun project.