RE: [William Optics] Re: New GTF81

  • Ray Hurst
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013

      Thanks Timm

      From: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com [mailto:William-Optics@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Timm B
      Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 7:46 AM
      To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [William Optics] Re: New GTF81

      Very nice!

      And welcome to the group.

      Timm

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ka4gbr@..." <ka4gbr@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I am new to the group.
      > Been imaging for a couple years now and decided to get a faster smaller scope that I could travel with. Also needed a scope that wouldnt break my back when setting up every night.
      > This is first light with my GTF-81.

    • ¢Ý¢ø¢ü¢ñ¢ë
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013
        Very Nice!

        Look forward to see more photos from your GTF81,Thank you for share with us.
        William

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013

          Thanks William,

          I only saw a few images taken with this scope on the Web.

          Wasn’t sure what to expect  imaging.

          Hope the weather stays good .

          Ray H

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013

            I got a chance to get my GTF 81 outside today and got couple of shots of the Sun.

            Used a white light filter.

            It was very spotty today.

            http://www.flickr.com/photos/rayhurst_photos/8559557323/in/photostream

            Look forward to see more photos from your GTF81,Thank you for share with us.
            William

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ka4gbr@..." <ka4gbr@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            > I am new to the group.
            > Been imaging for a couple years now and decided to get a faster smaller scope that I could travel with. Also needed a scope that wouldnt break my back when setting up every night.
            > This is first light with my GTF-81.

          • Timm B
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013
              Excellent!

              What filter do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

              Timm

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013

                In addition to my Baader film  homemade white light  filter I also used a Baader Continuum filter.

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013
                  Thanks Ray - did you have any pics of how you made a homemade filter with Baader film? I'm thinking it might be a fun project.