Re: Service manual for williams optics DDG Rack&Pinion new focuser

  • Timm B
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2 8:14 AM

      The knobs all are held on with a small metric allen set screw. Just loosen it, and the know comes off. For the thermometer end, you will need to access the set screw by lining up the hole in the black part of the focuser base, with the screw by turning the know until you can see it.

      Let me know if that helps, or if you need a picture.

      One of the ideas floating around in my head is to create videos and post them to YouTube that shows how the focuser works, how to adjust it, remove the knobs, etc. Would that be helpful?

      Timm

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Perulero" <joepickard007@...> wrote:

      > Thanks
      >
      > But I need instructions on how to take off the thermometer end so I can get to the shaft to connect a robofocus motor.
      > Anyone have detailed drawings showing how to take focuser apart?
      >

      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, ¢Ý¢ø¢ü¢ñ¢ë¢û <williamoptics2004@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > http://www.williamoptics.com/support/download/GTF81-User_Guide-1.pdf
      > >
      > > on Page 8
      > >
      > > William
      > >

      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Perulero" <joepickard007@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone have the service manual for the new DDG rack and Pinion focuser?
      > > > I need to find out the screw sizes at the bottom of the focuser.

    • Joe Perulero
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3 11:54 PM
        yes please , picture video worth a thousand words