GTF 102 first light barely

  • Timm B
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
      Hi all,

      I bought a GTF 102 and got it today. I also started a thread on the CloudyNights.com forum and have posted some pictures there. I will also upload some to Facebook.

      Here is the link if you are interested.

      http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5700677/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

      All I can say so far, is that this is a stunning telescope, simply amazing.

      Timm
    • Timm B
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2013
        Hi again,

        I just came inside from some stargazing, and was able to do a very detailed star test of my GTF 102.

        From what I can see, it is as perfect as my eyes can tell. This is a really beauty of a scope. I had to let it cool down about 30 minutes because it was only 20 deg F out, and the wind chill is about 11, so I was only able to tolerate about an hour outside but I am very pleased with the optics.

        And the new DDG rack and pinion focuser is amazing so far. No slipping, even in the cold, and I had it all the way at Zenith, with a 2" diagonal and 2" 33mm SWAN eyepiece.

        Clear skies,

        Timm