Re: [William Optics] Trouble with focuser

  • Mike Tapper
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 8, 2013
      Adrien,

      I misspoke when I said that the distorted stars rotated when the camera was rotated. Further study of the images showed that the stars did not rotated, but stayed in same orientation . Since I'm spatially challenged I don't know what to make of this finding. (optics, focuser, etc?)

      I'd be very interested to learn of  the type of screw on connections you are using as the compression fittings on the 2" extension tube I'm using are not a good approach. Changing to screw on fittings would help eliminate one variable in the equation.

      Regards,
      Mike T
    • notgnirramot
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 8, 2013
        Moonlite makes very nice Focusers as well and they are not as pricy as the Feathertouch. I have one on my 80mm Megrez and love it. The Focuser on my FLT 110 Lite version is adequate so I've not yet upgraded it to a Moonlite, but that will happen soon.

        Good luck whichever way you go.

        Moonlite can be found here.

        http://www.focuser.com/

        Tom