Re: [William Optics] Trouble with focuser

  • ¢Ý¢ø¢ü¢ñ¢ë
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 8, 2013
      Hi Stan,

      I have good solution to fix your focuser please contact me at Williamoptics@.... Any one who has the FLT focuser slip problem
      Please contact me anytime.

      William

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Stan McQueen wrote:

      > Thanks for the info about the Feathertouch focuser. From what I'm hearing
      > here, that may be a good way to go. I just hate to spend almost as much for
      > the focuser as I did for the scope! But that may be my only choice.
      >
      > Stan

    • Mike Tapper
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 8, 2013
        Adrien,

        I misspoke when I said that the distorted stars rotated when the camera was rotated. Further study of the images showed that the stars did not rotated, but stayed in same orientation . Since I'm spatially challenged I don't know what to make of this finding. (optics, focuser, etc?)

        I'd be very interested to learn of  the type of screw on connections you are using as the compression fittings on the 2" extension tube I'm using are not a good approach. Changing to screw on fittings would help eliminate one variable in the equation.

        Regards,
        Mike T
      • notgnirramot
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 8, 2013
          Moonlite makes very nice Focusers as well and they are not as pricy as the Feathertouch. I have one on my 80mm Megrez and love it. The Focuser on my FLT 110 Lite version is adequate so I've not yet upgraded it to a Moonlite, but that will happen soon.

          Good luck whichever way you go.

          Moonlite can be found here.

          http://www.focuser.com/

          Tom