Re: [William Optics] Re: Thoughts on a 132 please?

  • Johannes Jensen
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
      No – and how do I do that? Do you have an complete adress to the Administrator?

      When I try the page to say i have forgotten password or ID, the Page tells me
      to put in an alternate mail????

      I newer had such one!!!

      Im Desperate

      Johs.

      Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:24 PM
      Subject: [William Optics] Re: Thoughts on a 132 please?

      Hummm, i see your problem.... :(
      Have you tried to contact an administrator from this website?
      Maybe they can help you on that, i imagine how annoying it can be to receive so may messages. :(
      Best of luck on solving this.
      Emanuel
      --- In mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Jensen" <abjo@...> wrote:

      > Hej.

      Yes but I also get the 1000,s from all other too.

      > And my
      problem is that I dont know my account anymore â€" everytime I try, they say that my
      > account is till not taken.
      >
      > Therefore â€" for
      me this is only spam!

      > Thanks
      >
      > Johannes

      PM
      > To:
      href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [William Optics] Re: Thoughts on a 132 please?
      >

      > Hey Johannes, whats the problem?
      > I also
      receive all the messages that are posted here from Williams Optics!
      > From
      me, you cannot receive a lot, because i dont post that many, in fact, until this thread from the 132mm started, the last message ive posted was 3 months ago.
      > Anyway, if you dont want to receive messages from Williams Optics
      anymore, you simply have to go to your account settings and change your email.
      > Cheers
      > Emanuel
      >
      > --- In
      mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Jensen" <abjo@> wrote:

      > > How the Hell can I get away from getting all
      these Mails about William Optics.
      > > Im so tired of you!!!!!!
      > >
      > > Johannes

      Re: Thoughts on a 132 please?

      Ashley,
      > > Although TMB apos are not very common on Europe, they did
      had or still have an agreement, and the partner was the German APM telescopes from Markus Lhudes.
      > > If you want to check them out, go to APM
      website and you will see the scopes with Lzos optics, expensive of course, but top quality and very similar to TMB, and if im not mistaked, Thomas Back optical lenses design.

      href="http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Telescopes-/Refracting-Telescopes-OTA-/Apochromates.html">http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Telescopes-/Refracting-Telescopes-OTA-/Apochromates.html

      --- In mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@> wrote:

      > > > Hi Russ
      > > > No probs at all, I appreciate your comments!. I must admit that over
      here in the UK I`ve never heard the TMB range of scopes mentioned and I don`t know anyone who has one, used one or even seen one and I`ve been an amateur for many years now and attended many events!. I don`t doubt for one minute that they are excellent scopes but they don`t seem to have made a mark over here at all, maybe I`ve been going to the wrong places ;-).
      > > > Looking on
      their web site it appears that they only have two dealers and both of them are in the States but as you say if they only make so many a year perhaps they are made to order?. Would be good to look through one though!

      Best

      mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311" <turtledude@> wrote:

> [...]
      mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.

      scopes I of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00

      focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.

    • emanuelchacim
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
        The way i see, you have two choices:
        On the main page, on the right side, you can see the group Email adresses, so you can either send a message to the administrator( list owner ) to help fix the problem, or you can ask to unsubscribe, and later, if you want to, subscribe again, with different settings.
        Try it, it can help you.
        Emanuel

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Jensen" <abjo@...> wrote:

        > No â€" and how do I do that? Do you have an complete adress to the Administrator?
        >
        > When I try the page to say i have forgotten password or ID, the Page tells me
        > to put in an alternate mail????
        >
        > I newer had such one!!!
        >
        > Im Desperate
        >

        > Johs.

      • john robert adamson
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
          Hi
          I got one of the last FLT123 it's a great scope and has a Rack and Pinion
          focuser. That does not slip with filter wheel, field flattener and camera.
          Be sure the 132 has the RP focuser.

          robert

          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
            Ashley,

            Sorry about that I wasn't thinking about the European market. Emanuel hit the nail on the head, Markus Lhudes of APM was selling TMB in Europe for awhile and APM uses some of Thomas Backs optical designs.

            The first TMB's used the Russian LZOS glass and were Awesome scopes and now highly prized, but after quality problems in at least two batches he switched to Ohara in Japan.

            My only point was shop around before you spend your money. I considered the 132 FLT but found it to be problematic at best and decided to stay away. I studied many threads of info on the TMB 130SS from owners and found numerous rave reviews. Most negative comments about the TMB were from people who didn't own or could remotely ever afford to buy one. You find that static on almost anything you buy even Astro Physics. Good Luck with whatever you choose.

            Russ
          • Timm B
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
              Hi all,

              Just a quick note to anyone who is receiving emails and doesn't want to. This group, like all of the Yahoo Groups, is free and every user controls their own settings. Just log into Yahoo Groups, and click on the "Edit Membership" link in a group, or click on the "Edit My Groups" link from your My Groups page. You can easily select for each group what you want to receive, or not, in the way of emails.

              Also, if you try to post with an attachment, it will not allow it to be included in the post to the website.

              While it may be obvious to those who frequent these groups, these settings may be unfamiliar to others so if you have problems, please don't post messages swearing, or complaining since these are just things that you need to learn. Be patient and give it a try. If you get confused, there is a "Help" link on every page.

              If you really want to be removed from this group, just post a message, and I can remove you, but you can also do that yourself as well. Its all quite simple.

              Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

              Timm - volunteer moderator
            • emanuelchacim
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 5, 2012
                Hey Timm, how's going!
                Thanks for helping on this subject.
                Cheers,
                Emanuel

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                >
                > Just a quick note to anyone who is receiving emails and doesn't want to. This group, like all of the Yahoo Groups, is free and every user controls their own settings. Just log into Yahoo Groups, and click on the "Edit Membership" link in a group, or click on the "Edit My Groups" link from your My Groups page. You can easily select for each group what you want to receive, or not, in the way of emails.
                >
                > Also, if you try to post with an attachment, it will not allow it to be included in the post to the website.
                >
                > While it may be obvious to those who frequent these groups, these settings may be unfamiliar to others so if you have problems, please don't post messages swearing, or complaining since these are just things that you need to learn. Be patient and give it a try. If you get confused, there is a "Help" link on every page.
                >
                > If you really want to be removed from this group, just post a message, and I can remove you, but you can also do that yourself as well. Its all quite simple.
                >
                > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
                >
                > Timm - volunteer moderator

              • Subs
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 5, 2012
                  Hi

                  I have a FLT110 purchased a few years ago.

                  What were the various models that were produced, and how
                  do I identify the version I have?

                  Cheers

                  David Kinston
                  Melbourne.au
                • Timm B
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 5, 2012
                    Thanks Emanuel,

                    Hopefully it will help those who have questions. The original poster emailed me that it wasn't easy to do, and asked me to remove him, so I did. I would much rather teach others and see them be self sufficient.

                    Timm

                    --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "emanuelchacim" <chacim@...> wrote:

                    > Hey Timm, how's going!
                    > Thanks for helping on this subject.
                    > Cheers,
                    > Emanuel
                    >

                    > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi all,
                    > >
                    > > Just a quick note to anyone who is receiving emails and doesn't want to. This group, like all of the Yahoo Groups, is free and every user controls their own settings. Just log into Yahoo Groups, and click on the "Edit Membership" link in a group, or click on the "Edit My Groups" link from your My Groups page. You can easily select for each group what you want to receive, or not, in the way of emails.
                    > >
                    > > Also, if you try to post with an attachment, it will not allow it to be included in the post to the website.
                    > >
                    > > While it may be obvious to those who frequent these groups, these settings may be unfamiliar to others so if you have problems, please don't post messages swearing, or complaining since these are just things that you need to learn. Be patient and give it a try. If you get confused, there is a "Help" link on every page.
                    > >
                    > > If you really want to be removed from this group, just post a message, and I can remove you, but you can also do that yourself as well. Its all quite simple.
                    > >
                    > > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
                    > >
                    > > Timm - volunteer moderator

                  • Markus Ludes
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 5, 2013
                      Hi Russ

                      happy new year to all.

                      Just came across with this mail and like to give some input

                      APM was not Selling TMB in Europe, APM produced from day 1 till today this scopes and we labeled them TMB, later after TMB passed away we labeled them APM.

                      All the models from day 1 are available till today in same high quality. Now it would be interested to hear who told you about any quality issue of any batch ? There was never any quality problem and is non and all models are produced till today.

                      But what we did , to compete against other asian scopes, we decited to make a own run of triplet apo in China using Ohara Glas and this triplet Apo is our 107/700 , no other version

                      Later on a US Vendor took the name TMB and started to produce asian Apos with this name.
                      To make for our clients very clear that this models has absolutly nothing to do with the LZOS Apos made for me and TMB, we renamed our LZOS Apos in to APM/LZOS

                      wish you all a great 2013

                      Markus Ludes
                      APM-Telescopes