Re: Thoughts on a 132 please?

  • ashleyparkuk
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 3, 2012
      Ron
      Not yet ;-) I've now found a new 123 available for the same price as the 132. The 123 is faster than the 132 at f/6 but I think it has the older focuser, decisions decisions!!.
      I think for the observing I do at the moment either scope would be fine, spectroscopy and occasional imaging.
      Best
      Steve

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ronluxphoto" <ronlux@...> wrote:

      > Steve,
      > Good chance they made the 132 setup more for binoviewers ? Can't say for sure, but once it cools down, the views are great! price too compared to Tak's TEC's and AP's, etc. Looking forward to spring to see Saturn again and hopefully a comet in the March skies. Did you place your order on it yet ?
      > Ron
      >

      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes great help that Ron thanks. I had heard about the need for a tube extender for visual use, bit odd for a scope of that calibre? not a big issue though!. I`m using a NEQ6 pro mount so should be beefy enough for the 132. I gather refractors can be very prone to dewing up so will have to get a dew heater never had a problem with dew on my C8!
      > > Regards
      > > Steve
      > >
      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ronluxphoto" <ronlux@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Steve,
      > > >
      > > > I just got one out here in southern california from OPT. The more I use the more I love it. Great scope. No issues with dew shield or focuser slipping - *Note - After I adjusted it! You will need to adjust it and the instructions are buried on the william optic site sort of. More importantly!!! Get a 2 inch extension for the focuser otherwise most of your eyepieces will not reach focus. I'm using only TeleVue pans, naglers, and one ethos. For visual the extension is a must, and for a DSLR too! Lastly it is front heavy, lots of glass up there so on my setup I had to hang some counterweights off the end of the dovetail bar that the rings are on. I can post a photo if you'd like. Other then that, great scope. Oh one more thing on nights of really heavy dew I wished I had a longer dew shield by say 5-6 more inches. I'm running the scope on a Losmandy GM8 with a 21 Lbs counterweight. Hope this helps.
      > > >
      > > > RL

    • Dan Mitchell
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 3, 2012
        Steve
        I have a 132 and after I bought a new focuser it is great.
        While I'm not into CCD type work, I feel I,m an experienced observer . This scope provides some very nice views, pinpoint stars to the edge, nice detail and contrast . Deep sky stuff is my favorite with my 24" StarMaster w Zambuto mirror, the WO 132 is wonderful for fast setup and of coarse wider field of view.
        Its sometimes difficult to choose which scope to observe with ;-)
        Just bite the bullet and go with a Feather Touch on the 132 and don't look back.

        Every Day Seems Like Friday

        Dan
      • ashleyparkuk
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 3, 2012
          Thanks for that Dan. I'm about to order a 132, just awaiting answers from a couple of questions I asked my dealer. I've even got the go ahead from my other half so things are looking good ;-).
          Steve
          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Dan Mitchell <dstm24@...> wrote:

          > Steve
          > I have a 132 and after I bought a new focuser it is great.
          > While I'm not into CCD type work, I feel I,m an experienced observer . This scope provides some very nice views, pinpoint stars to the edge, nice detail and contrast . Deep sky stuff is my favorite with my 24" StarMaster w Zambuto mirror, the WO 132 is wonderful for fast setup and of coarse wider field of view.
          > Its sometimes difficult to choose which scope to observe with ;-)
          > Just bite the bullet and go with a Feather Touch on the 132 and don't look back.
          >
          > Every Day Seems Like Friday
          >
          > Dan

        • allen_r311
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 3, 2012
            I just can't keep my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.

            When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in my scopes I of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00

            The TMB also comes standard with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
            Just my two cents.

            Russ
          • ashleyparkuk
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
              Hi Russ
              No probs at all, I appreciate your comments!. I must admit that over here in the UK I`ve never heard the TMB range of scopes mentioned and I don`t know anyone who has one, used one or even seen one and I`ve been an amateur for many years now and attended many events!. I don`t doubt for one minute that they are excellent scopes but they don`t seem to have made a mark over here at all, maybe I`ve been going to the wrong places ;-).
              Looking on their web site it appears that they only have two dealers and both of them are in the States but as you say if they only make so many a year perhaps they are made to order?. Would be good to look through one though!
              Best
              Steve

              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311" <turtledude@...> wrote:

              > I just can't keep my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.
              >
              > When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in my scopes I of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00
              >

              > The TMB also comes standard with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
              > Just my two cents.
              >
              > Russ

            • emanuelchacim
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                Ashley,
                Although TMB apos are not very common on Europe, they did had or still have an agreement, and the partner was the German APM telescopes from Markus Lhudes.
                If you want to check them out, go to APM website and you will see the scopes with Lzos optics, expensive of course, but top quality and very similar to TMB, and if im not mistaked, Thomas Back optical lenses design.

                http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Telescopes-/Refracting-Telescopes-OTA-/Apochromates.html

                Cheers,
                Emanuel :)

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@...> wrote:

                > Hi Russ
                > No probs at all, I appreciate your comments!. I must admit that over here in the UK I`ve never heard the TMB range of scopes mentioned and I don`t know anyone who has one, used one or even seen one and I`ve been an amateur for many years now and attended many events!. I don`t doubt for one minute that they are excellent scopes but they don`t seem to have made a mark over here at all, maybe I`ve been going to the wrong places ;-).
                > Looking on their web site it appears that they only have two dealers and both of them are in the States but as you say if they only make so many a year perhaps they are made to order?. Would be good to look through one though!
                > Best
                > Steve
                >
                > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311" <turtledude@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I just can't keep my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.
                > >
                > > When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in my scopes I of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00
                > >

                > > The TMB also comes standard with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
                > > Just my two cents.
                > >
                > > Russ

              • Johannes Jensen
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                  How the Hell am I going away from getting all your Mails about William Optics.
                  Johannes

                  Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:38 PM
                  Subject: [William Optics] Re: Thoughts on a 132 please?

                  href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311" <turtledude@> wrote:

                  > > I just can't
                  keep my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.

                  > > When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in my scopes I
                  of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00

                  > > The TMB also comes standard
                  with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
                  > > Just my two
                  cents.

                  > > Russ

                • Johannes Jensen
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                    How the Hell can I get away from getting all these Mails about William Optics.
                    Im so tired of you!!!!!!

                    Johannes

                    Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:38 PM

                    Ashley,
                    Although TMB apos are not very common on Europe, they did had or still have an agreement, and the partner was the German APM telescopes from Markus Lhudes.
                    If you want to check them out, go to APM website and you will see the scopes with Lzos optics, expensive of course, but top quality and very similar to TMB, and if im not mistaked, Thomas Back optical lenses design.

                    http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Telescopes-/Refracting-Telescopes-OTA-/Apochromates.html

                    Cheers,
                    Emanuel :)

                    --- In mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Russ

                    No probs at all, I appreciate your comments!. I must admit that over here in the UK I`ve never heard the TMB range of scopes mentioned and I don`t know anyone who has one, used one or even seen one and I`ve been an amateur for many years now and attended many events!. I don`t doubt for one minute that they are excellent scopes but they don`t seem to have made a mark over here at all, maybe I`ve been going to the wrong places ;-).
                    > Looking on their web site it
                    appears that they only have two dealers and both of them are in the States but as you say if they only make so many a year perhaps they are made to order?. Would be good to look through one though!
                    > Best
                    > Steve
                    >
                    > --- In
                    href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311" <turtledude@> wrote:

                    > > I just can't
                    keep my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.

                    > > When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in my scopes I
                    of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00

                    > > The TMB also comes standard
                    with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
                    > > Just my two
                    cents.

                    > > Russ

                  • emanuelchacim
                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                      Hey Johannes, whats the problem?
                      I also receive all the messages that are posted here from Williams Optics!
                      From me, you cannot receive a lot, because i dont post that many, in fact, until this thread from the 132mm started, the last message ive posted was 3 months ago.
                      Anyway, if you dont want to receive messages from Williams Optics anymore, you simply have to go to your account settings and change your email.
                      Cheers
                      Emanuel

                      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Jensen" <abjo@...> wrote:

                      > How the Hell can I get away from getting all these Mails about William Optics.
                      > Im so tired of you!!!!!!
                      >
                      > Johannes

                    • Johannes Jensen
                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                        Hej.

                        Yes but I also get the 1000,s from all other too.

                        And my problem is that I dont know my account anymore – everytime I try, they say that my
                        account is till not taken.

                        Therefore – for me this is only spam!

                        Thanks

                        Johannes

                        Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:06 PM

                        Hey Johannes, whats the problem?
                        I also receive all the messages that are posted here from Williams Optics!
                        From me, you cannot receive a lot, because i dont post that many, in fact, until this thread from the 132mm started, the last message ive posted was 3 months ago.

                        --- In mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Jensen" <abjo@...> wrote:

                        > How the Hell can I get
                        away from getting all these Mails about William Optics.
                        > Im so tired of
                        you!!!!!!

                        href="http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Telescopes-/Refracting-Telescopes-OTA-/Apochromates.html">http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Telescopes-/Refracting-Telescopes-OTA-/Apochromates.html

                        > Cheers,
                        > Emanuel :)
                        >
                        > --- In
                        mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@> wrote:

                        > > Hi Russ
                        > > No probs at all, I
                        appreciate your comments!. I must admit that over here in the UK I`ve never heard the TMB range of scopes mentioned and I don`t know anyone who has one, used one or even seen one and I`ve been an amateur for many years now and attended many events!. I don`t doubt for one minute that they are excellent scopes but they don`t seem to have made a mark over here at all, maybe I`ve been going to the wrong places ;-).
                        > > Looking on their web site it appears
                        that they only have two dealers and both of them are in the States but as you say if they only make so many a year perhaps they are made to order?. Would be good to look through one though!
                        > > Best
                        > > Steve
                        > >
                        > > --- In mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311"
                        <turtledude@> wrote:

                        > > > I just can't keep
                        my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.

                        > > > When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in
                        my scopes I of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00

                        The TMB also comes standard with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
                        > > > Just my two cents.

                        Russ

                      • emanuelchacim
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                          Hummm, i see your problem.... :(
                          Have you tried to contact an administrator from this website?
                          Maybe they can help you on that, i imagine how annoying it can be to receive so may messages. :(
                          Best of luck on solving this.

                        • Johannes Jensen
                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                            No – and how do I do that? Do you have an complete adress to the Administrator?

                            When I try the page to say i have forgotten password or ID, the Page tells me
                            to put in an alternate mail????

                            I newer had such one!!!

                            Im Desperate

                            Johs.

                            Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:24 PM

                            Hummm, i see your problem.... :(
                            Have you tried to contact an administrator from this website?
                            Maybe they can help you on that, i imagine how annoying it can be to receive so may messages. :(
                            Best of luck on solving this.
                            Emanuel
                            --- In mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Jensen" <abjo@...> wrote:

                            > Hej.

                            Yes but I also get the 1000,s from all other too.

                            > And my
                            problem is that I dont know my account anymore â€" everytime I try, they say that my
                            > account is till not taken.
                            >
                            > Therefore â€" for
                            me this is only spam!

                            > Thanks
                            >
                            > Johannes

                          • emanuelchacim
                            Message 13 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                              The way i see, you have two choices:
                              On the main page, on the right side, you can see the group Email adresses, so you can either send a message to the administrator( list owner ) to help fix the problem, or you can ask to unsubscribe, and later, if you want to, subscribe again, with different settings.
                              Try it, it can help you.

                            • john robert adamson
                              Message 14 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                Hi
                                I got one of the last FLT123 it's a great scope and has a Rack and Pinion
                                focuser. That does not slip with filter wheel, field flattener and camera.
                                Be sure the 132 has the RP focuser.

                                robert

                                Thanks for that Dan. I'm about to order a 132, just awaiting answers from a
                                couple of questions I asked my dealer. I've even got the go ahead from my
                                other half so things are looking good ;-).
                                Steve
                                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Dan Mitchell <dstm24@...> wrote:

                                > Steve
                                > I have a 132 and after I bought a new focuser it is great.
                                > While I'm not into CCD type work, I feel I,m an experienced observer .
                                This scope provides some very nice views, pinpoint stars to the edge, nice
                                detail and contrast . Deep sky stuff is my favorite with my 24" StarMaster w
                                Zambuto mirror, the WO 132 is wonderful for fast setup and of coarse wider
                                field of view.
                                > Its sometimes difficult to choose which scope to observe with ;-) Just
                                > bite the bullet and go with a Feather Touch on the 132 and don't look
                                back.

                                > Every Day Seems Like Friday
                                >
                                > Dan

                                ------------------------------------

                                www.williamoptics.com www.williamopticsracing.comYahoo!
                                Groups Links
                              • allen_r311
                                Message 15 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                  Ashley,

                                  Sorry about that I wasn't thinking about the European market. Emanuel hit the nail on the head, Markus Lhudes of APM was selling TMB in Europe for awhile and APM uses some of Thomas Backs optical designs.

                                  The first TMB's used the Russian LZOS glass and were Awesome scopes and now highly prized, but after quality problems in at least two batches he switched to Ohara in Japan.

                                  My only point was shop around before you spend your money. I considered the 132 FLT but found it to be problematic at best and decided to stay away. I studied many threads of info on the TMB 130SS from owners and found numerous rave reviews. Most negative comments about the TMB were from people who didn't own or could remotely ever afford to buy one. You find that static on almost anything you buy even Astro Physics. Good Luck with whatever you choose.

                                  Russ
                                • Timm B
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                    Hi all,

                                    Just a quick note to anyone who is receiving emails and doesn't want to. This group, like all of the Yahoo Groups, is free and every user controls their own settings. Just log into Yahoo Groups, and click on the "Edit Membership" link in a group, or click on the "Edit My Groups" link from your My Groups page. You can easily select for each group what you want to receive, or not, in the way of emails.

                                    Also, if you try to post with an attachment, it will not allow it to be included in the post to the website.

                                    While it may be obvious to those who frequent these groups, these settings may be unfamiliar to others so if you have problems, please don't post messages swearing, or complaining since these are just things that you need to learn. Be patient and give it a try. If you get confused, there is a "Help" link on every page.

                                    If you really want to be removed from this group, just post a message, and I can remove you, but you can also do that yourself as well. Its all quite simple.

                                    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

                                    Timm - volunteer moderator
                                  • emanuelchacim
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Dec 5, 2012
                                      Hey Timm, how's going!
                                      Thanks for helping on this subject.
                                      Cheers,
                                      Emanuel

                                      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi all,
                                      >
                                      > Just a quick note to anyone who is receiving emails and doesn't want to. This group, like all of the Yahoo Groups, is free and every user controls their own settings. Just log into Yahoo Groups, and click on the "Edit Membership" link in a group, or click on the "Edit My Groups" link from your My Groups page. You can easily select for each group what you want to receive, or not, in the way of emails.
                                      >
                                      > Also, if you try to post with an attachment, it will not allow it to be included in the post to the website.
                                      >
                                      > While it may be obvious to those who frequent these groups, these settings may be unfamiliar to others so if you have problems, please don't post messages swearing, or complaining since these are just things that you need to learn. Be patient and give it a try. If you get confused, there is a "Help" link on every page.
                                      >
                                      > If you really want to be removed from this group, just post a message, and I can remove you, but you can also do that yourself as well. Its all quite simple.
                                      >
                                      > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
                                      >
                                      > Timm - volunteer moderator

                                    • Subs
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Dec 5, 2012
                                        Hi

                                        I have a FLT110 purchased a few years ago.

                                        What were the various models that were produced, and how
                                        do I identify the version I have?

                                        Cheers

                                        David Kinston
                                        Melbourne.au
                                      • Timm B
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Dec 5, 2012
                                          Thanks Emanuel,

                                          Hopefully it will help those who have questions. The original poster emailed me that it wasn't easy to do, and asked me to remove him, so I did. I would much rather teach others and see them be self sufficient.

                                          Timm

                                          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "emanuelchacim" <chacim@...> wrote:

                                          > Hey Timm, how's going!
                                          > Thanks for helping on this subject.
                                          > Cheers,
                                          > Emanuel
                                          >

                                          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Hi all,
                                          > >
                                          > > Just a quick note to anyone who is receiving emails and doesn't want to. This group, like all of the Yahoo Groups, is free and every user controls their own settings. Just log into Yahoo Groups, and click on the "Edit Membership" link in a group, or click on the "Edit My Groups" link from your My Groups page. You can easily select for each group what you want to receive, or not, in the way of emails.
                                          > >
                                          > > Also, if you try to post with an attachment, it will not allow it to be included in the post to the website.
                                          > >
                                          > > While it may be obvious to those who frequent these groups, these settings may be unfamiliar to others so if you have problems, please don't post messages swearing, or complaining since these are just things that you need to learn. Be patient and give it a try. If you get confused, there is a "Help" link on every page.
                                          > >
                                          > > If you really want to be removed from this group, just post a message, and I can remove you, but you can also do that yourself as well. Its all quite simple.
                                          > >
                                          > > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
                                          > >
                                          > > Timm - volunteer moderator

                                        • Markus Ludes
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jan 5, 2013
                                            Hi Russ

                                            happy new year to all.

                                            Just came across with this mail and like to give some input

                                            APM was not Selling TMB in Europe, APM produced from day 1 till today this scopes and we labeled them TMB, later after TMB passed away we labeled them APM.

                                            All the models from day 1 are available till today in same high quality. Now it would be interested to hear who told you about any quality issue of any batch ? There was never any quality problem and is non and all models are produced till today.

                                            But what we did , to compete against other asian scopes, we decited to make a own run of triplet apo in China using Ohara Glas and this triplet Apo is our 107/700 , no other version

                                            Later on a US Vendor took the name TMB and started to produce asian Apos with this name.
                                            To make for our clients very clear that this models has absolutly nothing to do with the LZOS Apos made for me and TMB, we renamed our LZOS Apos in to APM/LZOS

                                            wish you all a great 2013

                                            Markus Ludes
                                            APM-Telescopes