Re: Thoughts on a 132 please?

  • emanuelchacim
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 2, 2012
      Hi Steve, how's going?
      Im a 132mm owner, and i have to say that i was really amazed with the overall quality and finish of the scope.
      As an all time owner of newtons and cats, the apos really got my attention because of the sharp images that i was seeing on websites.
      As you said, some of the first scopes did have bad lenses, but i dont think that there's not anymore.
      The 123mm as to be oustanding, with Lzos lenses, but the 132 is also very good, its a triplet design with a central element made of FPL53.
      I really saw its quality when i made its first light on top of a Celestron Cgem mount! With only 60" of exposure, on a Canon 550D and on a Nikon D3100, the images where incredible, even without darks, flats or bias added to it.
      Now, something you really need to know about the scope: it also has some "not so good" issues.
      First, and definetly the most important, its focuser; its not very good, and everyone complains about it, me included, because it will not hold the focusing in place, especially if you have some weight on it, like a DSLR.
      So, my advice to you, and im also thinking on doing the same, is to buy the scope with a better fucuser, like the Fearthertouch.
      The other thing about the scope, is the dewshield, it will slide back, everytime that you focus some object near the zenith, but that is a minor issue, easy to fix.
      If you have any other question that i can help you with, just say the word!
      Best regards,
      Emanuel :)
      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "kwalker247501" <kwalker501@...> wrote:

      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi guys
      > > New to the group. I use a C8 for spectroscopy with a Star analyser and occasional imaging permanently mounted in my observatory. After seeing the views through a Leica 77mm apo (birdwatching) scope of the night sky I was blown away with the detail and contrast and becoming a convert to refractors and very keen on the Flt 132 scope and would be interested in folks opinions of these scopes. Some time ago I read stories of pinched optics with some of the WO scopes but that doesn`t seem to be a problem now. I have also been recommended the 123 with the excellent Russian optics which I gather is now no longer made. Some 132`s are due into my dealer in the UK in January and I`m hovering over the `buy` button ;-)
      > > Regards
      > > Steve
      > >
      > Hi Steve
      > I too am new here but an owner of the FLT98.
      > I originally eyed the 132 but wanted a wider fov than I was use to with an 8" reflector.
      > the Russian optics defiantly caught my attention and I wasn't disappointed.
      > they are incredible and the contrast of the scope is outstanding.
      > My first light was in the red zone in San Diego and even with a quality filter ,the reflector couldn't handle the spurious light in all directions.
      > the FLT 98 with the flattener and Astronomik cls ccd lpf did an incredible job of taming the sky ,giving me quality data to process.
      > I use a Canon EOS 60da for imaging and didn't want a scope that choked off the image circle.
      > I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the FLT 132
      > here are my first light images
      > http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/kwalker50/Astrophotos/Andromeda10hrsfinalview-1.jpg
      > http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/kwalker50/Astrophotos/NGC7000FLT98firstlight-1.jpg
      > Ken

    • ashleyparkuk
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 2, 2012
        Thanks for the quick replies guys!
        Ken - Wow nice images! no pinched optics there ;-) I calculated the field of
        view using an Atik 314l ccd and it gives a useful 34'x25` fov (bigger than my C8!)so not massive but
        fine for my obs and I gather a matching reducer is also available.
        Emanuel - I heard the focuser was not the best but apparently they now ship with
        the new r&p focuser is that the one you have?.
        Best
        Steve

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "emanuelchacim" <chacim@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > > Regards
        > > > Steve
        > > >
        > > Hi Steve
        > > I too am new here but an owner of the FLT98.
        > > I originally eyed the 132 but wanted a wider fov than I was use to with an 8" reflector.
        > > the Russian optics defiantly caught my attention and I wasn't disappointed.
        > > they are incredible and the contrast of the scope is outstanding.
        > > My first light was in the red zone in San Diego and even with a quality filter ,the reflector couldn't handle the spurious light in all directions.
        > > the FLT 98 with the flattener and Astronomik cls ccd lpf did an incredible job of taming the sky ,giving me quality data to process.
        > > I use a Canon EOS 60da for imaging and didn't want a scope that choked off the image circle.
        > > I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the FLT 132

      • ronluxphoto
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 2, 2012
          Steve,

          I just got one out here in southern california from OPT. The more I use the more I love it. Great scope. No issues with dew shield or focuser slipping - *Note - After I adjusted it! You will need to adjust it and the instructions are buried on the william optic site sort of. More importantly!!! Get a 2 inch extension for the focuser otherwise most of your eyepieces will not reach focus. I'm using only TeleVue pans, naglers, and one ethos. For visual the extension is a must, and for a DSLR too! Lastly it is front heavy, lots of glass up there so on my setup I had to hang some counterweights off the end of the dovetail bar that the rings are on. I can post a photo if you'd like. Other then that, great scope. Oh one more thing on nights of really heavy dew I wished I had a longer dew shield by say 5-6 more inches. I'm running the scope on a Losmandy GM8 with a 21 Lbs counterweight. Hope this helps.

          RL

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@...> wrote:

          > Hi guys
          > New to the group. I use a C8 for spectroscopy with a Star analyser and occasional imaging permanently mounted in my observatory. After seeing the views through a Leica 77mm apo (birdwatching) scope of the night sky I was blown away with the detail and contrast and becoming a convert to refractors and very keen on the Flt 132 scope and would be interested in folks opinions of these scopes. Some time ago I read stories of pinched optics with some of the WO scopes but that doesn`t seem to be a problem now. I have also been recommended the 123 with the excellent Russian optics which I gather is now no longer made. Some 132`s are due into my dealer in the UK in January and I`m hovering over the `buy` button ;-)
          > Regards
          > Steve

        • emanuelchacim
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 2, 2012
            Yeah, i know that the new scopes have the DDG focuser; unfortunally mine is the old model and everytime i focus, i have to lock the focuser,otherwise it will go out of focus. I think that the Feathertouch its going to be my choice.
            Emanuel

          • ashleyparkuk
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 2, 2012
              Yes great help that Ron thanks. I had heard about the need for a tube extender for visual use, bit odd for a scope of that calibre? not a big issue though!. I`m using a NEQ6 pro mount so should be beefy enough for the 132. I gather refractors can be very prone to dewing up so will have to get a dew heater never had a problem with dew on my C8!
              Regards
              Steve

              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ronluxphoto" <ronlux@...> wrote:

              > Steve,
              >
              > I just got one out here in southern california from OPT. The more I use the more I love it. Great scope. No issues with dew shield or focuser slipping - *Note - After I adjusted it! You will need to adjust it and the instructions are buried on the william optic site sort of. More importantly!!! Get a 2 inch extension for the focuser otherwise most of your eyepieces will not reach focus. I'm using only TeleVue pans, naglers, and one ethos. For visual the extension is a must, and for a DSLR too! Lastly it is front heavy, lots of glass up there so on my setup I had to hang some counterweights off the end of the dovetail bar that the rings are on. I can post a photo if you'd like. Other then that, great scope. Oh one more thing on nights of really heavy dew I wished I had a longer dew shield by say 5-6 more inches. I'm running the scope on a Losmandy GM8 with a 21 Lbs counterweight. Hope this helps.
              >
              > RL
              >
              > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi guys
              > > New to the group. I use a C8 for spectroscopy with a Star analyser and occasional imaging permanently mounted in my observatory. After seeing the views through a Leica 77mm apo (birdwatching) scope of the night sky I was blown away with the detail and contrast and becoming a convert to refractors and very keen on the Flt 132 scope and would be interested in folks opinions of these scopes. Some time ago I read stories of pinched optics with some of the WO scopes but that doesn`t seem to be a problem now. I have also been recommended the 123 with the excellent Russian optics which I gather is now no longer made. Some 132`s are due into my dealer in the UK in January and I`m hovering over the `buy` button ;-)
              > > Regards
              > > Steve

            • ronluxphoto
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 2, 2012
                Steve,
                Good chance they made the 132 setup more for binoviewers ? Can't say for sure, but once it cools down, the views are great! price too compared to Tak's TEC's and AP's, etc. Looking forward to spring to see Saturn again and hopefully a comet in the March skies. Did you place your order on it yet ?
                Ron

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@...> wrote:

                > Yes great help that Ron thanks. I had heard about the need for a tube extender for visual use, bit odd for a scope of that calibre? not a big issue though!. I`m using a NEQ6 pro mount so should be beefy enough for the 132. I gather refractors can be very prone to dewing up so will have to get a dew heater never had a problem with dew on my C8!
                > Regards
                > Steve
                >
                > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ronluxphoto" <ronlux@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Steve,
                > >
                > > I just got one out here in southern california from OPT. The more I use the more I love it. Great scope. No issues with dew shield or focuser slipping - *Note - After I adjusted it! You will need to adjust it and the instructions are buried on the william optic site sort of. More importantly!!! Get a 2 inch extension for the focuser otherwise most of your eyepieces will not reach focus. I'm using only TeleVue pans, naglers, and one ethos. For visual the extension is a must, and for a DSLR too! Lastly it is front heavy, lots of glass up there so on my setup I had to hang some counterweights off the end of the dovetail bar that the rings are on. I can post a photo if you'd like. Other then that, great scope. Oh one more thing on nights of really heavy dew I wished I had a longer dew shield by say 5-6 more inches. I'm running the scope on a Losmandy GM8 with a 21 Lbs counterweight. Hope this helps.
                > >
                > > RL
                > >
                > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi guys
                > > > New to the group. I use a C8 for spectroscopy with a Star analyser and occasional imaging permanently mounted in my observatory. After seeing the views through a Leica 77mm apo (birdwatching) scope of the night sky I was blown away with the detail and contrast and becoming a convert to refractors and very keen on the Flt 132 scope and would be interested in folks opinions of these scopes. Some time ago I read stories of pinched optics with some of the WO scopes but that doesn`t seem to be a problem now. I have also been recommended the 123 with the excellent Russian optics which I gather is now no longer made. Some 132`s are due into my dealer in the UK in January and I`m hovering over the `buy` button ;-)
                > > > Regards
                > > > Steve

              • ashleyparkuk
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 3, 2012
                  Ron
                  Not yet ;-) I've now found a new 123 available for the same price as the 132. The 123 is faster than the 132 at f/6 but I think it has the older focuser, decisions decisions!!.
                  I think for the observing I do at the moment either scope would be fine, spectroscopy and occasional imaging.
                  Best
                  Steve

                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ronluxphoto" <ronlux@...> wrote:

                  > Steve,
                  > Good chance they made the 132 setup more for binoviewers ? Can't say for sure, but once it cools down, the views are great! price too compared to Tak's TEC's and AP's, etc. Looking forward to spring to see Saturn again and hopefully a comet in the March skies. Did you place your order on it yet ?
                  > Ron
                  >

                  > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Yes great help that Ron thanks. I had heard about the need for a tube extender for visual use, bit odd for a scope of that calibre? not a big issue though!. I`m using a NEQ6 pro mount so should be beefy enough for the 132. I gather refractors can be very prone to dewing up so will have to get a dew heater never had a problem with dew on my C8!
                  > > Regards
                  > > Steve
                  > >
                  > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ronluxphoto" <ronlux@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Steve,
                  > > >
                  > > > I just got one out here in southern california from OPT. The more I use the more I love it. Great scope. No issues with dew shield or focuser slipping - *Note - After I adjusted it! You will need to adjust it and the instructions are buried on the william optic site sort of. More importantly!!! Get a 2 inch extension for the focuser otherwise most of your eyepieces will not reach focus. I'm using only TeleVue pans, naglers, and one ethos. For visual the extension is a must, and for a DSLR too! Lastly it is front heavy, lots of glass up there so on my setup I had to hang some counterweights off the end of the dovetail bar that the rings are on. I can post a photo if you'd like. Other then that, great scope. Oh one more thing on nights of really heavy dew I wished I had a longer dew shield by say 5-6 more inches. I'm running the scope on a Losmandy GM8 with a 21 Lbs counterweight. Hope this helps.
                  > > >
                  > > > RL

                • Dan Mitchell
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 3, 2012
                    Steve
                    I have a 132 and after I bought a new focuser it is great.
                    While I'm not into CCD type work, I feel I,m an experienced observer . This scope provides some very nice views, pinpoint stars to the edge, nice detail and contrast . Deep sky stuff is my favorite with my 24" StarMaster w Zambuto mirror, the WO 132 is wonderful for fast setup and of coarse wider field of view.
                    Its sometimes difficult to choose which scope to observe with ;-)
                    Just bite the bullet and go with a Feather Touch on the 132 and don't look back.

                    Every Day Seems Like Friday

                    Dan
                  • ashleyparkuk
                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 3, 2012
                      Thanks for that Dan. I'm about to order a 132, just awaiting answers from a couple of questions I asked my dealer. I've even got the go ahead from my other half so things are looking good ;-).
                      Steve
                      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Dan Mitchell <dstm24@...> wrote:

                      > Steve
                      > I have a 132 and after I bought a new focuser it is great.
                      > While I'm not into CCD type work, I feel I,m an experienced observer . This scope provides some very nice views, pinpoint stars to the edge, nice detail and contrast . Deep sky stuff is my favorite with my 24" StarMaster w Zambuto mirror, the WO 132 is wonderful for fast setup and of coarse wider field of view.
                      > Its sometimes difficult to choose which scope to observe with ;-)
                      > Just bite the bullet and go with a Feather Touch on the 132 and don't look back.
                      >
                      > Every Day Seems Like Friday
                      >
                      > Dan

                    • allen_r311
                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 3, 2012
                        I just can't keep my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.

                        When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in my scopes I of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00

                        The TMB also comes standard with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
                        Just my two cents.

                        Russ
                      • ashleyparkuk
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                          Hi Russ
                          No probs at all, I appreciate your comments!. I must admit that over here in the UK I`ve never heard the TMB range of scopes mentioned and I don`t know anyone who has one, used one or even seen one and I`ve been an amateur for many years now and attended many events!. I don`t doubt for one minute that they are excellent scopes but they don`t seem to have made a mark over here at all, maybe I`ve been going to the wrong places ;-).
                          Looking on their web site it appears that they only have two dealers and both of them are in the States but as you say if they only make so many a year perhaps they are made to order?. Would be good to look through one though!
                          Best
                          Steve

                          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311" <turtledude@...> wrote:

                          > I just can't keep my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.
                          >
                          > When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in my scopes I of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00
                          >

                          > The TMB also comes standard with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
                          > Just my two cents.
                          >
                          > Russ

                        • emanuelchacim
                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                            Ashley,
                            Although TMB apos are not very common on Europe, they did had or still have an agreement, and the partner was the German APM telescopes from Markus Lhudes.
                            If you want to check them out, go to APM website and you will see the scopes with Lzos optics, expensive of course, but top quality and very similar to TMB, and if im not mistaked, Thomas Back optical lenses design.

                            http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Telescopes-/Refracting-Telescopes-OTA-/Apochromates.html

                            Cheers,
                            Emanuel :)

                            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Russ
                            > No probs at all, I appreciate your comments!. I must admit that over here in the UK I`ve never heard the TMB range of scopes mentioned and I don`t know anyone who has one, used one or even seen one and I`ve been an amateur for many years now and attended many events!. I don`t doubt for one minute that they are excellent scopes but they don`t seem to have made a mark over here at all, maybe I`ve been going to the wrong places ;-).
                            > Looking on their web site it appears that they only have two dealers and both of them are in the States but as you say if they only make so many a year perhaps they are made to order?. Would be good to look through one though!
                            > Best
                            > Steve
                            >
                            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311" <turtledude@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I just can't keep my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.
                            > >
                            > > When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in my scopes I of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00
                            > >

                            > > The TMB also comes standard with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
                            > > Just my two cents.
                            > >
                            > > Russ

                          • Johannes Jensen
                            Message 13 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                              How the Hell am I going away from getting all your Mails about William Optics.
                              Johannes

                              Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:38 PM
                              Subject: [William Optics] Re: Thoughts on a 132 please?

                              href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311" <turtledude@> wrote:

                              > > I just can't
                              keep my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.

                              > > When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in my scopes I
                              of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00

                              > > The TMB also comes standard
                              with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
                              > > Just my two
                              cents.

                              > > Russ

                            • Johannes Jensen
                              Message 14 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                How the Hell can I get away from getting all these Mails about William Optics.
                                Im so tired of you!!!!!!

                                Johannes

                                Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:38 PM

                                Ashley,
                                Although TMB apos are not very common on Europe, they did had or still have an agreement, and the partner was the German APM telescopes from Markus Lhudes.
                                If you want to check them out, go to APM website and you will see the scopes with Lzos optics, expensive of course, but top quality and very similar to TMB, and if im not mistaked, Thomas Back optical lenses design.

                                http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Telescopes-/Refracting-Telescopes-OTA-/Apochromates.html

                                Cheers,
                                Emanuel :)

                                --- In mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Russ

                                No probs at all, I appreciate your comments!. I must admit that over here in the UK I`ve never heard the TMB range of scopes mentioned and I don`t know anyone who has one, used one or even seen one and I`ve been an amateur for many years now and attended many events!. I don`t doubt for one minute that they are excellent scopes but they don`t seem to have made a mark over here at all, maybe I`ve been going to the wrong places ;-).
                                > Looking on their web site it
                                appears that they only have two dealers and both of them are in the States but as you say if they only make so many a year perhaps they are made to order?. Would be good to look through one though!
                                > Best
                                > Steve
                                >
                                > --- In
                                href="mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311" <turtledude@> wrote:

                                > > I just can't
                                keep my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.

                                > > When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in my scopes I
                                of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00

                                > > The TMB also comes standard
                                with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
                                > > Just my two
                                cents.

                                > > Russ

                              • emanuelchacim
                                Message 15 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                  Hey Johannes, whats the problem?
                                  I also receive all the messages that are posted here from Williams Optics!
                                  From me, you cannot receive a lot, because i dont post that many, in fact, until this thread from the 132mm started, the last message ive posted was 3 months ago.
                                  Anyway, if you dont want to receive messages from Williams Optics anymore, you simply have to go to your account settings and change your email.
                                  Cheers
                                  Emanuel

                                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Jensen" <abjo@...> wrote:

                                  > How the Hell can I get away from getting all these Mails about William Optics.
                                  > Im so tired of you!!!!!!
                                  >
                                  > Johannes

                                • Johannes Jensen
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                    Hej.

                                    Yes but I also get the 1000,s from all other too.

                                    And my problem is that I dont know my account anymore – everytime I try, they say that my
                                    account is till not taken.

                                    Therefore – for me this is only spam!

                                    Thanks

                                    Johannes

                                    Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:06 PM

                                    Hey Johannes, whats the problem?
                                    I also receive all the messages that are posted here from Williams Optics!
                                    From me, you cannot receive a lot, because i dont post that many, in fact, until this thread from the 132mm started, the last message ive posted was 3 months ago.

                                    --- In mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Jensen" <abjo@...> wrote:

                                    > How the Hell can I get
                                    away from getting all these Mails about William Optics.
                                    > Im so tired of
                                    you!!!!!!

                                    href="http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Telescopes-/Refracting-Telescopes-OTA-/Apochromates.html">http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Telescopes-/Refracting-Telescopes-OTA-/Apochromates.html

                                    > Cheers,
                                    > Emanuel :)
                                    >
                                    > --- In
                                    mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "ashleyparkuk" <ashleyparkuk@> wrote:

                                    > > Hi Russ
                                    > > No probs at all, I
                                    appreciate your comments!. I must admit that over here in the UK I`ve never heard the TMB range of scopes mentioned and I don`t know anyone who has one, used one or even seen one and I`ve been an amateur for many years now and attended many events!. I don`t doubt for one minute that they are excellent scopes but they don`t seem to have made a mark over here at all, maybe I`ve been going to the wrong places ;-).
                                    > > Looking on their web site it appears
                                    that they only have two dealers and both of them are in the States but as you say if they only make so many a year perhaps they are made to order?. Would be good to look through one though!
                                    > > Best
                                    > > Steve
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "allen_r311"
                                    <turtledude@> wrote:

                                    > > > I just can't keep
                                    my big mouth shut so a few words before you spend your hard earned stash. I'm not out to beat up WO I've owned a couple in the past and still have my Zenithstar 80FD which I love except it too has the slipping focuser.

                                    > > > When I went shopping for a 130mm to fill a gap in
                                    my scopes I of course started with Astro Physics. That being way out of my budget at the time I researched the TAK but found that almost every thread I went to the TMB 130 kept popping up. It's equal to the TAK in all ways and it should be because the glass for both comes from Ohara. The biggest difference was the $2500.00 in cost. The WO 132 is a great scope but it just doesn't quite make the grade when compared to the aforementioned, also both the WO and TMB sell for about $4000.00

                                    The TMB also comes standard with the 3.5" FeatherTouch 3545 R&P focuser. That's where my money went and I've never had any regrets. Optics quality? It easily compares with my Astro Physics 155EDT F/9. Just last week I placed an order for the TMB 92SS again standard with a FeatherTouch focuser. The only bad is waiting for a TMB 130; they only make 100 per year but well worth the wait.
                                    > > > Just my two cents.

                                    Russ

                                  • emanuelchacim
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                      Hummm, i see your problem.... :(
                                      Have you tried to contact an administrator from this website?
                                      Maybe they can help you on that, i imagine how annoying it can be to receive so may messages. :(
                                      Best of luck on solving this.

                                    • Johannes Jensen
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                        No – and how do I do that? Do you have an complete adress to the Administrator?

                                        When I try the page to say i have forgotten password or ID, the Page tells me
                                        to put in an alternate mail????

                                        I newer had such one!!!

                                        Im Desperate

                                        Johs.

                                        Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:24 PM

                                        Hummm, i see your problem.... :(
                                        Have you tried to contact an administrator from this website?
                                        Maybe they can help you on that, i imagine how annoying it can be to receive so may messages. :(
                                        Best of luck on solving this.
                                        Emanuel
                                        --- In mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Jensen" <abjo@...> wrote:

                                        > Hej.

                                        Yes but I also get the 1000,s from all other too.

                                        > And my
                                        problem is that I dont know my account anymore â€" everytime I try, they say that my
                                        > account is till not taken.
                                        >
                                        > Therefore â€" for
                                        me this is only spam!

                                        > Thanks
                                        >
                                        > Johannes

                                      • emanuelchacim
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                          The way i see, you have two choices:
                                          On the main page, on the right side, you can see the group Email adresses, so you can either send a message to the administrator( list owner ) to help fix the problem, or you can ask to unsubscribe, and later, if you want to, subscribe again, with different settings.
                                          Try it, it can help you.

                                        • john robert adamson
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                            Hi
                                            I got one of the last FLT123 it's a great scope and has a Rack and Pinion
                                            focuser. That does not slip with filter wheel, field flattener and camera.
                                            Be sure the 132 has the RP focuser.

                                            robert

                                            Thanks for that Dan. I'm about to order a 132, just awaiting answers from a
                                            couple of questions I asked my dealer. I've even got the go ahead from my
                                            other half so things are looking good ;-).
                                            Steve
                                            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Dan Mitchell <dstm24@...> wrote:

                                            > Steve
                                            > I have a 132 and after I bought a new focuser it is great.
                                            > While I'm not into CCD type work, I feel I,m an experienced observer .
                                            This scope provides some very nice views, pinpoint stars to the edge, nice
                                            detail and contrast . Deep sky stuff is my favorite with my 24" StarMaster w
                                            Zambuto mirror, the WO 132 is wonderful for fast setup and of coarse wider
                                            field of view.
                                            > Its sometimes difficult to choose which scope to observe with ;-) Just
                                            > bite the bullet and go with a Feather Touch on the 132 and don't look
                                            back.

                                            > Every Day Seems Like Friday
                                            >
                                            > Dan

                                            ------------------------------------

                                            www.williamoptics.com www.williamopticsracing.comYahoo!
                                            Groups Links
                                          • allen_r311
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                              Ashley,

                                              Sorry about that I wasn't thinking about the European market. Emanuel hit the nail on the head, Markus Lhudes of APM was selling TMB in Europe for awhile and APM uses some of Thomas Backs optical designs.

                                              The first TMB's used the Russian LZOS glass and were Awesome scopes and now highly prized, but after quality problems in at least two batches he switched to Ohara in Japan.

                                              My only point was shop around before you spend your money. I considered the 132 FLT but found it to be problematic at best and decided to stay away. I studied many threads of info on the TMB 130SS from owners and found numerous rave reviews. Most negative comments about the TMB were from people who didn't own or could remotely ever afford to buy one. You find that static on almost anything you buy even Astro Physics. Good Luck with whatever you choose.

                                              Russ
                                            • Timm B
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Dec 4, 2012
                                                Hi all,

                                                Just a quick note to anyone who is receiving emails and doesn't want to. This group, like all of the Yahoo Groups, is free and every user controls their own settings. Just log into Yahoo Groups, and click on the "Edit Membership" link in a group, or click on the "Edit My Groups" link from your My Groups page. You can easily select for each group what you want to receive, or not, in the way of emails.

                                                Also, if you try to post with an attachment, it will not allow it to be included in the post to the website.

                                                While it may be obvious to those who frequent these groups, these settings may be unfamiliar to others so if you have problems, please don't post messages swearing, or complaining since these are just things that you need to learn. Be patient and give it a try. If you get confused, there is a "Help" link on every page.

                                                If you really want to be removed from this group, just post a message, and I can remove you, but you can also do that yourself as well. Its all quite simple.

                                                Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

                                                Timm - volunteer moderator
                                              • emanuelchacim
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Dec 5, 2012
                                                  Hey Timm, how's going!
                                                  Thanks for helping on this subject.
                                                  Cheers,
                                                  Emanuel

                                                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@...> wrote:

                                                  > Hi all,
                                                  >
                                                  > Just a quick note to anyone who is receiving emails and doesn't want to. This group, like all of the Yahoo Groups, is free and every user controls their own settings. Just log into Yahoo Groups, and click on the "Edit Membership" link in a group, or click on the "Edit My Groups" link from your My Groups page. You can easily select for each group what you want to receive, or not, in the way of emails.
                                                  >
                                                  > Also, if you try to post with an attachment, it will not allow it to be included in the post to the website.
                                                  >
                                                  > While it may be obvious to those who frequent these groups, these settings may be unfamiliar to others so if you have problems, please don't post messages swearing, or complaining since these are just things that you need to learn. Be patient and give it a try. If you get confused, there is a "Help" link on every page.
                                                  >
                                                  > If you really want to be removed from this group, just post a message, and I can remove you, but you can also do that yourself as well. Its all quite simple.
                                                  >
                                                  > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
                                                  >
                                                  > Timm - volunteer moderator

                                                • Subs
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Dec 5, 2012
                                                    Hi

                                                    I have a FLT110 purchased a few years ago.

                                                    What were the various models that were produced, and how
                                                    do I identify the version I have?

                                                    Cheers

                                                    David Kinston
                                                    Melbourne.au
                                                  • Timm B
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Dec 5, 2012
                                                      Thanks Emanuel,

                                                      Hopefully it will help those who have questions. The original poster emailed me that it wasn't easy to do, and asked me to remove him, so I did. I would much rather teach others and see them be self sufficient.

                                                      Timm

                                                      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "emanuelchacim" <chacim@...> wrote:

                                                      > Hey Timm, how's going!
                                                      > Thanks for helping on this subject.
                                                      > Cheers,
                                                      > Emanuel
                                                      >

                                                      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm B" <t.bottoni@> wrote:
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Hi all,
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Just a quick note to anyone who is receiving emails and doesn't want to. This group, like all of the Yahoo Groups, is free and every user controls their own settings. Just log into Yahoo Groups, and click on the "Edit Membership" link in a group, or click on the "Edit My Groups" link from your My Groups page. You can easily select for each group what you want to receive, or not, in the way of emails.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Also, if you try to post with an attachment, it will not allow it to be included in the post to the website.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > While it may be obvious to those who frequent these groups, these settings may be unfamiliar to others so if you have problems, please don't post messages swearing, or complaining since these are just things that you need to learn. Be patient and give it a try. If you get confused, there is a "Help" link on every page.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > If you really want to be removed from this group, just post a message, and I can remove you, but you can also do that yourself as well. Its all quite simple.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Timm - volunteer moderator

                                                    • Markus Ludes
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Jan 5, 2013
                                                        Hi Russ

                                                        happy new year to all.

                                                        Just came across with this mail and like to give some input

                                                        APM was not Selling TMB in Europe, APM produced from day 1 till today this scopes and we labeled them TMB, later after TMB passed away we labeled them APM.

                                                        All the models from day 1 are available till today in same high quality. Now it would be interested to hear who told you about any quality issue of any batch ? There was never any quality problem and is non and all models are produced till today.

                                                        But what we did , to compete against other asian scopes, we decited to make a own run of triplet apo in China using Ohara Glas and this triplet Apo is our 107/700 , no other version

                                                        Later on a US Vendor took the name TMB and started to produce asian Apos with this name.
                                                        To make for our clients very clear that this models has absolutly nothing to do with the LZOS Apos made for me and TMB, we renamed our LZOS Apos in to APM/LZOS

                                                        wish you all a great 2013

                                                        Markus Ludes
                                                        APM-Telescopes