Re: moon and Jupiter

  • geoff
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2012
      Nice one Ron.would have been better with a few stars in the field.
      Geoff

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "phyzznyk" <phyzznyk@...> wrote:

      > I don't post here much, but I just wanted to share a composite photo of the Moon and Jupiter I took last night with my Zenithstar 66SD, Flat2 field flattener/focal reducer, and Canon 450D DSLR. You can see four Jovian moons. I hope you like it! Clear skies, Ron
      >
      > Here is the link from the WO photos section:

    • phyzznyk
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2012
        Thanks, Geoff, I don't think I could get a reasonable star background due to the moon blowing out the shot. The really bad shots had a couple stars towards the edge but that would not be representative of the whole background. FYI this image is a composite of two shots formed into three layers in photoshop. The third layer is a low opacity layer with the blown out moon glow.
        Clear skies,
        ron