Wo 98 FTL full frame imaging is it posibble?

  • gvanhau
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2012
      Hello
      I have a WO98 FLT (DDG) and type IV flattener.
      Is it posible to image with a 5DMKII (full frame) or will images be severly vigneted?

      Regards
      Geert
    • Jaap van 't Leven
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2012
        Hi Geert,

        After buying a full frame camera (5DMKII) I asked myself the same question.
        To get an idea of the amount of vignetting I used a lightbox to shoot flatfield images with
        the FLT98 (CF) and the WO type IV, WO flattener 68 and Televue TRF-2008 flatteners:
        http://www.spacerock.nl/2012/fltt98-flattener-test-part-1/

        Best regards,
        Jaap.

        --
               ____

          _[]_/____\__n_

         |_____.--.__()_|

         |    //# \\    |

         |    \\__//    |

         '-----'--'-----'

      • gvanhau
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 17, 2012
          Thanks Jaap
          I see it doesn't look so bad.
          Did you do the star test?

          Regards
          Geert

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Jaap van 't Leven" <jvtleven@...> wrote:

          > Hi Geert,
          >
          > After buying a full frame camera (5DMKII) I asked myself the same question.
          > To get an idea of the amount of vignetting I used a lightbox to shoot
          > flatfield images with
          > the FLT98 (CF) and the WO type IV, WO flattener 68 and Televue TRF-2008
          > flatteners:
          > http://www.spacerock.nl/2012/fltt98-flattener-test-part-1/
          >
          > Best regards,
          > Jaap.
          >
          > On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM, gvanhau <gvanhau@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hello
          > > I have a WO98 FLT (DDG) and type IV flattener.
          > > Is it posible to image with a 5DMKII (full frame) or will images be
          > > severly vigneted?
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > Geert
          > >

          > --
          > ____
          >
          > _[]_/____\__n_
          >
          > |_____.--.__()_|
          >
          > | //# \\ |
          >
          > | \\__// |
          >
          > '-----'--'-----'

        • Jaap van 't Leven
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 17, 2012
            Hi Geert,

            I hope to do a star test in the weeks to come.

            Regards,
            Jaap.

            --
                   ____