Re: Release date of Megrez 80II semi-apo

  • Florent Poiget
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2004
      Hi Aeron,

      I don't know about the Semi-APO version of the Megrez II, but 2
      weeks ago I've ordered a Megrez 80 II Triplet APO at OPT. Mike
      Fowler said me they wait the Triplet APO version very late in
      January or early in February. I suppose the Semi-APO version will be
      there in these same dates.

      Best Regards,

      Florent

      --------------
      CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao

      Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE

      My USA web site : http://members.aol.com/JEPobs/poiget.htm

      Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
      Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
      William Optics FLT-110 & Megrez 80 II Triplet APO OTAs
      SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-7

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "pongkemon" <pongkemon@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Guys,
      >
      > I have ordered Megrez 80II from my local distributor since the
      beginning
      > of Dec. Until now, the distributor told me that they still have no
      idea
      > when the scope will be shipped. I wonder does any one here get any
      > news about the scope's release date?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Aaron
    • Markus Ludes
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 22, 2004
        I know from William, he is stocking 20 pc Triplet Apos 80/480, we
        received already a first run,he is getting many more optics next week
        and than again middle of February
        The triplet Apo 80/600 he will have ready by middle of February.

        The Megrez SD II got a coating problem. I received only 1 pc in
        perfect condition. William told me he needs to do recoating due
        supersmall coating spots and he think it delays the shipments till
        middle of February.
        Here in Germany and UK we have already 10 super happy customers of
        the new 80 mm Apo, they unpack the scope and even without looking
        through they fall already in love with it. Its a very hot product
        trust me.
        My own employee and a employee of another german dealer already sold
        here other scopes to get such a super baby.

        What can you expect ? A super nice mechanical package with a lens
        installed, which handles 300 power at some objects without any
        breakdown. Have you ever been able to handle 300 or even 400 power at
        douple stars with zero image break down ? No, than wait for your
        Megrez apo, it delivers excactly that.

        best wishes
        Markus

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Florent Poiget" <JEPobs@a...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Aeron,
        >
        > I don't know about the Semi-APO version of the Megrez II, but 2
        > weeks ago I've ordered a Megrez 80 II Triplet APO at OPT. Mike
        > Fowler said me they wait the Triplet APO version very late in
        > January or early in February. I suppose the Semi-APO version will
        be
        > there in these same dates.
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >
        > Florent
        >
        > --------------
        > CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao
        >
        > Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE
        >
        > My USA web site : http://members.aol.com/JEPobs/poiget.htm
        >
        > Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
        > Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
        > William Optics FLT-110 & Megrez 80 II Triplet APO OTAs
        > SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-7

        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "pongkemon" <pongkemon@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Hi Guys,
        > >
        > > I have ordered Megrez 80II from my local distributor since the
        > beginning
        > > of Dec. Until now, the distributor told me that they still have
        no
        > idea
        > > when the scope will be shipped. I wonder does any one here get
        any
        > > news about the scope's release date?
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > > Aaron
      • Rainer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 22, 2004
          which handles 300 power at some objects without any
          > breakdown. Have you ever been able to handle 300 or even 400 power
          at
          > douple stars with zero image break down ?

          I am a beginner and would like to ask what you mean by power? Is it
          magnification eg 480mm focal length divided by the XYZmm of the focal
          length of the eyepiece? for 300power that would mean that I need a
          1.6mm eyepiece and for 400power I need a 1.2mm eyepiece. Am i correct
          or do I mix up something?

          If yes could you recommend some good eyepieces then? I have a Megrez
          80SD and would be happy to get a good eyepiece for 100x magnification.

          regards Rainer
        • Markus Ludes
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 22, 2004
            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Rainer" <rsbfoto@r...> wrote:
            > which handles 300 power at some objects without any
            > > breakdown. Have you ever been able to handle 300 or even 400
            power
            > at
            > > douple stars with zero image break down ?
            >
            > I am a beginner and would like to ask what you mean by power? Is it
            > magnification eg 480mm focal length divided by the XYZmm of the
            focal
            > length of the eyepiece? for 300power that would mean that I need a
            > 1.6mm eyepiece and for 400power I need a 1.2mm eyepiece. Am i
            correct
            > or do I mix up something?

            you are correct, but as you know such eyepiece does not excist, so
            you need a good barlowlens , like the Tele Vue 2.5 x or 5 x Powermate

            > If yes could you recommend some good eyepieces then? I have a
            Megrez
            > 80SD and would be happy to get a good eyepiece for 100x
            magnification.

            there are serval choices for you
            a, use a good barlowlens
            b, use a Tele Vue Radian 5 mm
            c, use a University Optics 5 mm Ortho
            d, use a TMB 5 mm Super Mono eyepiece

            best wishes
            Markus

            > regards Rainer
          • Ostap Mojsiak
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 24, 2004
              Dear Team at WO,

              There are now a number of comments on this site and elsewhere on the
              Internet regarding the release date and potential "reasons" for
              the "delay" in the release of your New Megrez II 80 mm semi-APO
              Doublet and your New Megrez 80 mm APO Triplet.

              Please give us an update to dispell any rumours.

              On a selfish note, In the next two months, I am travelling further
              south than I have ever before and would love to buy one of your new
              scopes and have some time to familiarize myself with the scope and a
              new "travel mount" prior to heading south.

              Please advise ASAP

              Thanx in advance for your consideration.

              Regards,

              Ostap Mojsiak
              Toronto, Ontario
              Canada

              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Markus Ludes"

            • williamoptics2004
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 25, 2004
                Dear Members,

                We apologize for the delay for Megrez 80 II,our estimate of delivery
                time is from mid February,the Megrez 80 APO is just arrived in LA
                yesterday,for specification please check:
                http://www.william-optics.com/main-what-new.htm

                Thank you for your support.

                William Yang

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Ostap Mojsiak"