R&P focuser for GT-81

  • eric
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2012
      Finally ordered the latest R&P focuse replacing the disappointing DDG unit. Hope it's better than the original which is hardly moving at all now.
    • MICHEAL CHASTNEY
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2012
        Hi Eric what`s been the problem ,i love mine and have only had to adjust it once,which is very easy to do.

        Regards

        Mike

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2012
          Michael,
          The DDG 2" focuser has been a problem for many owners. Despite adjusting the hex nut (B) with an Allan key many times , in many ways, the focuser does not 'grip' for long: either too loose with no contact or too tight with no movement. Problem is possible reason for WO to now offer the R&P.
          Though of buying FeatherTouch (I know of a few GT-81 owners who have ungraded) but this would been I would have to mount with rings in place of the dovetail.
          Will let you know how I get on with the R&P.
          Eric